Chapter 21: who said i stopped?

Valentine: Fiona Apple

She's 22: Troye Sivan

Jolene: Ray LaMontagne

Wait for life: Emile Haynie

Giant of Illinois: Andrew Bird

The energy never dies: the script

Island in the sun: weezer

stephanie
"She was my life." I say.
"The ambulance finally arrived, but it was too late. She died from the flames." I look down at my feet, listening to the awkward silence.
"So how do..how do you guys know about this?" Stephanie asks. I'm sure she feels awkward, since I'm talking about someone I was dating and I'm dating her.
"I was best friends with Danielle." Amy says.
"I was best friends with Ryan at the time." I say.
"I guess Ryan told you?" I ask Cole.
"Sure did."
"What a great fucking friend." I say, and roll my eyes.
"Now give me the money. Or I'll tell everyone you killed her, and you let her get drunk." Cole says.
"Wait." Stephanie says.
"How does everyone think she died?"
"She just randomly got into a crash by herself."
"So not even her parents know the real story?" We shake our heads. I walk over to Cole and hand him the money. I walk over to Amy and hand hers to her.
"I finally get that Prada bag." She mumbles. I walk out of the room, and walk outside. I sit on the porch and rest my head on my hands. I hear the door behind me open, and I shake my head.
"I regret it everyday, you know." She sits down next to me and looks down.
"I regret not spending more time with my mom." She says. I look at her and she's looking away.
"Your..wait..what happened?" I ask her. She looks at me, tears about to spill out of her eyes.
"My mom died, Matt. She fucking died in a car crash and I wasn't there!" I wrap my arms around her, as she cries into my shoulder.
"It's okay. It's okay everything's going to be okay." I say to her.
"No, it's not okay! Where will I go? I have no dad!" She says. I bite my lip and think. What will happen?
"I...I don't know." I say. She pulls away and stands up. She starts walking away, and I catch up to her.
"Where are you going now?" I ask her, as we move onto the sidewalk.
"I'm going home." She says.
"I'm coming with you."
"Great." She says in a sarcastic tone.
"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm sorry! Imagine the whole school knowing that it's your fault you killed someone!" I say. I sit down on the curb and look at the road.
"It's all my fault..." I whisper.
"Matt..." Stephanie says.
"It's fucking all my fault!" She places her hand on my back and sighs.
"It's not your fault. You made a wrong turn. It's over now." I stand up and look at her.
"Your so stupid sometimes. You over think and it just gets so compli-"
I smash my lips into hers, and hold her close to me. I pull away and she smiles.
"You..you love me again?" I ask her.
"Who said I stopped?"