Chapter 28: did i just make a friend?

stephanie
My eyes slowly open, and I find myself sitting in a airplane seat. I look out the window and I'm in the air. I guess my panic attack wasn't enough to get me out of going to California. There's a lady sitting next to me, who's reading a magazine. She's not my Aunt though. If it were my Aunt I would of been knocked out for a couple more hours from her perfume. The lady looks at me and gives me a warm smile.
"Hi!" She says. I smile at her.
"Who brought me here?" I ask her, rubbing my head because of my massive headache.
"A young boy carried you in here. He was very lovely. He kissed your forehead and held your hand until the flight attendants told him to leave." She smiles, and then I realize her British accent.
"So he just left me?" I ask her. She shakes her head.
"It wasn't easy to make him leave. They had to get people to pull him away from you. He was kicking them and hitting them. They finally grabbed his arms and dragged him off the plane." My lips curve into a smile and I look down at my feet.
"How much farther do we have to go?" I ask her. She looks at her watch and sighs.
"About 20 minutes." She says. I nod and look out the window.
Hello California.
---------------------------------------------
The plane lands and the lady next to me packs up her magazine in her bag.
"I'm Daphne, by the way." She smiles.
"I'm Stephanie." I say to her.
"That's a beautiful name." She says, and stands up. I stand up to, and we exit the plane. I meet my aunt at baggage claim age. She has someone picking up her Michael Kors suitcase.
"Be careful with that!" She spits. I walk up to her and try to grab my bag, but I can barely pick it up. It's way too heavy. I try again, and again, until I'm about to give up.
"Here, I got it." A boy smiles.
"Thank you." I say to him, as he hands me my luggage.
"What's your name?" He asks me.
"I'm Stephanie." I tell him.
"I'm Sammy." He says.
"So where do you live?" He asks.
"I think it's called, Burbank?" I say.
"Me too! Your going to Burbank high school, right?" He asks.
"I would think so." I laugh. He hands me his phone.
"Put your number in." He smirks. I put in my number and hand him his phone.
"I'll see you Monday!" He says, walking backwards and pointing at me.
"Sure." I laugh. He smiles and walks off.
Did I just make... A friend?