Chapter 4: stop saying sorry

matthew
"That's horrible. I'm so sor-" I cut her off.
"Stop saying sorry. You didn't know him, you didn't do anything to cause it. Sorry won't help him now." I sigh. She looks at the floor. She stands up and sits next to me on the bed.
"Where's your laptop?" She asks me.
"Uh over there. Why?" She smiles and grabs the laptop.
"We have to find Mrs.Delkakis a date, remember?" I nod and position myself so I'm sitting cris crossed on the bed.
"So, I'm thinking that he should be tall, brown hair, green eyes-"
"Woah! Set some personality a and then get into the looks! It's not all about how they look ya know." She nods and laughs a bit.
"You love cutting me off, don't you?" I smile at her as she looks for a dating website.
"Why don't we just go on match.com or something?"
"Fine. But that's because this is your computer." She says. She types it in the search bar and sets up a profile. We find her picture off Facebook and use that.
"How's this looking?" She asks. I look over at the screen and laugh.
"So she's into karate, being stunt doubles, and afternoon tai chi?" Stephanie's face looks up at the ceiling and she laughs.
"Yes! Doesn't everyone love that?" She sends in the profile and she starts packing to head out of my room.
"Where are you going?"
"Matt, it's 7:00. I gotta get home." She says. I sigh.
"Can't you stay for dinner?" She looks at the ceiling again.
"What do you have?" I smile and walk down to the kitchen. I grab a box of Kraft mac n cheese and hold it up to her.
"Aye? This stuff is good!" She nods and grabs the box.
"Water, milk, pot. Can you get that?" I nod and grab the stuff. She makes the mac n cheese while I sit on my phone. As she's stirring the pot she gets bored.
"Where's your mom?" I shrug.
"She's always late."
"Dad?"
"He works in California." She nods and pours it into 2 bowls.
"Here." We both talk and eat.
"So what do you like to do?" I shrug.
"I make vines?" She nods.
"Cool." She cleans up and then goes to the door.
"It's 9:00." I laugh. She smiles.
"I'll see you later Matthew." She walks down the steps and into her car, leaving me looking like an idiot. I close the door and head back up to my room.
"I have figured out that it is impossible to say the word bubbles without getting mad! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles!" I say into my phone. I post it and then go to sleep.