Chapter 34: "it will be okay Stephanie"

matthew
"I'm just going to Nash's! God.." I mumble the last part to my mom. I step out the door and the cool spring air hits me. I start walking down the steps, until my back pocket vibrates. I check to see who's calling, and it's Gilinsky. Damn, I haven't talked to him in forever.
"Hello?" I say into the phone.
"Matt, you got to help me. I have Stephanie here and sh-"
"Wait. Stephanie?" I say.
"Yeah man. She goes to our school."
"Oh." I say, kind of sad that they're with her and not me.
"She's shaking and crying and we have no clue what to do. What do we do!" He yells into the phone. I sigh.
"Let me talk to her." I say to him. I hear muffled sounds, and then all I hear is crying.
"Stephanie, babe, where are your pills?" She keeps crying.
"Shhh calm down. It's okay. Where are your pills?" I coo into the phone.
"Th-there at my-my Aunts house." She cries.
"Shhh. Your okay. Your okay. Stephanie, your going to be okay." I softly say to her, wishing I was there to hug her. She slowly calms down, an the sobbing turns into breathing.
"T-thank you." She stutters.
"I love you." I say to her.
"I-I love you too." She says. I hear muffling again, and then I hear breathing. Normal, calm breathing.
"Thanks man." Jack says to me.
"I..um..no problem." I say to him.
"Alright, I gotta figure out a way to get out of here. I'll call you later.
"Okay. Talk to you soon."
"Bye."
"Bye." And he hangs up.
If I get another call about Stephanie having a panic attack, I'm moving to Calfornia.
I don't care what it takes.