Taehyungs birthday party

With the party decorations hung, the cake in the fridge and the party food cooked, it's time for Taehyung to arrive.

You told him to wait outside and knock when he's here. You didn't want him appearing and spoiling the surprise for himself, you want him to have the best time and for it to be done properly.

"You did well, let's hope he likes it." You chuckle nervously, rubbing the back of your neck tiredly.

Who knew decorating and planning a party was so much work? You're left feeling exhausted.

"Ah shit the ballons!" You notice the empty presence.

Running to the table you tear open the packet and prepare your lungs to be put to the test.

Placing the ballon to your lips, you take a deep inhale and exhale all the oxygen in your body into the balloons, slowly filling one by one.

"Okay now I'm done!" You stand back with a smile.

A party is not a party without balloons!

*knock knock knock*

"He's here!" You smile softly, running to open the door with a party popper in your hand.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!" *bang*

"My name isn't Taehyung you idiot." Jungkook stands there confusedly with confetti in his hair.

"Ah shit, sorry Jungkook. I thought you were Taehyung." You awkwardly chuckle.

"Whos Taehyung? The guy from the other week?" Jungkook raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's his birthday today.... if you couldn't tell." You chuckle.

"I would've never of guessed. Where's my invite?" He pouts spoilt.

".... you don't get one, sorry Jungkook. Although there will be loads of food left over so I can always bring you over some to make up for it?" You gulp feeling bad.

".....your bribing me.... I can tell.... but I'll accept, food always wins me over. I'll better get going if he's going to be here soon, have fun y/n and wish him a happy birthday from me! I'll be expecting the food you promised!" Jungkook salutes as he rushes off down stairs and out the apartment building.

"Now I feel bad..." you pout as you close the door and continue to blow up balloons as you wait for Taehyung to arrive.

*knock knock knock*

"Shit- that was quick!" You stand up and run to the door, grabbing another party popper.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!" You pop the party popper, his face lighting up as the confetti falls in his hair.

"Woah- Thank you y/n!" Taehyung giggles as he opens his arms for a hug... he's so sweet🥲

"Don't thank me, it's your birthday and very special one! You're gonna have to close your eyes okay?" You smile giddily as you hug him tightly before pulling away.

"There's more?" He widens his eyes at you.

"This was the taster, the full course meal is inside waiting." You laugh.

"Wow, okay I'm closing my eyes." He places his hands over his eyes, a pearly white smile displaying brightly on his face.

"Keep them closed, I'll tell you when to open them okay?" You take his arm and carefully lead him into your apartment, making sure he doesn't trip over the decorations.

You go to the fridge and quickly take out the cake, placing it in the centre of the table, looks good. Grabbing a party hat you place it on your head, and your clearly excited because as you hurriedly put the hat on the elastic slaps your skin.

"You little bastard." You whisper, pouting angrily. And one for him too, but this time you carefully place it on his fluffy hair.

"Ready?" You rush and stand next to him.

"Yes!" He giggles. 

"In 3...2...1 open your eyes!" You shout nervously.

"Holy shit, this- this is amazing!!" He opens his eyes, smiling even wider than before, taking a moment to take in your decorated apartment.

"You like it?" You whisper.

"I love it!" Taehyung turns to you before pulling you into a warm hug.

"I'm speechless, this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen! Y/n thank you so much." He whispers in your ear.

"You're most welcome." You whisper back.

"What do we do now?" He pulls back and stares in awe.

"Whatever you want. We can eat, we can dance, eat cake, play music, you can open your presents, we can do anything." You smile softly.

".....eat first, I'm starving." He rubs his stomach adorably. 

"I'm always hungry, so I'm fine with that! I didn't know what kind of foods you like, so I bought near enough the whole store." You laugh loudly.

You did in fact buy a shit tonne of food, but it's okay, at least you won't need to go shopping for the next few months and Jungkook is a dump truck for food... OOP-

"I have no idea what half this food is, but I'll eat everything because you bought it for me." Taehyung smiles appreciatively.

"You don't have to do that, eat what you enjoy most, I can always give the left over food to the neighbours, they're always hungry." You chuckle.

"Speaking of neighbours, have they been treating you well?" Taehyung raises his eyebrow as he stuffs as much food on his plate as possible.

He looks like a child, stuffing as much food on his plate as if he hasn't eaten in 6 months.

"They've been nice, we've been hanging out most nights. But something is bothering me. I told you that I was going to be spending Christmas with them right? Well Christmas Eve night, I was trying to find the toilet in their apartment, because I forgot to ask them where it was. So I was opening doors to find it when I stumbled across the door that Yoongi locked. He said that it's his music studio so he needs to lock it because there's expensive equipment in there. Which is understandable. But when I asked to see it he made some excuse of his songs not ready to be heard yet. I got curious and looked through the key hole when they were sleeping and they had multiple screens full with cctv cameras on it. I couldn't see clearly of what the cctv was, but don't you think that's strange?" You tilt your head. Something seems terribly off.

"That sounds really strange. If they had cctv cameras, why didn't they just tell you that instead of lying about it?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Are they covering something up? It's been playing around in my head for days." You sigh.

"Maybe they're up to something." Taehyung crosses his arms.