18

"We're going to kill them."

"But we can't, it says in the contract that we can't wish death upon anyone." You wipe your ever flowing tears with the back of your hand.

"It says we can't wish death on anyone, but it does mean we can kill them without using any sort of magic." Taehyung bounces his knee as more and more anger fills his body and mind.

"I don't know if I have the strength or guts to kill anyone. The worst part is that I still care for them, how stupid am I?!" You start to sob again.

"Y/n you need to know that those people across from you don't care about you, not a single ounce in their being has any sort of affection for you. They came here for a job and that job is your death. And they're not going to stop until they do what they came here for. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but it's the truth." Taehyung sighs sadly, he knows your hurting.

"I know, that's the worst part! Taehyung how could they do this? What did I ever do to deserve this?" You put your head in your hands as the lump in the back of your throat explodes. Sending you to let out a strangled cry.

"You didn't do anything wrong sweetheart, they're just bad people. I'm going to do everything in my power to protect you." Taehyung wraps his arms around you, pulling you into a warm hug.

"Where am I going to go? I don't feel safe knowing that they're watching me." You mumble into his jumper.

"You're coming home with me. I won't let you stay here, you'll stay with me until we can make up plan of what we're going to do." Taehyung nods.

"What will happen here?" You look at him through glassy eyes.

"We'll set a trap." Taehyung wipes your fallen gears with his palm.

"Okay." You nod.

This needs to end. Now.

"Pack your bags, I'll freeze the cameras so it still looks like your here in the apartment. They won't know a thing." Taehyung stands up and gets to work.

This can't happen again, he doesn't know if he can take it another time.

Finding strength you rush to your bedroom and pull out your suitcase. You stuff in as much personal items as you can, making sure not to leave anything precious behind.

As you load in your clothes, a picture of your parents and you stand on your bedside table.

"I wish you were still here with me. Nothings been the same since I lost you. I love and miss you." A tear falls from your eye as you delicately place the picture into your suitcase.

"Y/n it's time to go. It's late and you need to rest after today." Taehyung walks into your bedroom as his features soften.

"Okay. Hey Tae?" You smile sadly.

"Yes sweetheart." He says as he helps you zip up your suitcase.

"You know you said you've seen the afterlife. Will you promise to be there in mine?" Another tear falls from your eye.

"I promise." He cups your cheek with his palm soothingly.

He's heard you say that so many times, yet every time he hears it, it still continues to break his heart.

"Come on, home is waiting for you." Taehyung stands back up, carrying your suitcase and holding his spare hand out for you to take.

"Home is anywhere with you." You smile softly, holding onto his hand.

"Home is anywhere with you too y/n." Taehyung whispers.

And just like that, you switch off your apartment lights, looking at it for the last time before you step through the portal with Taehyung.

By taking you home with him, it will give Taehyung enough time to find another way to save you. He knew exactly what was happening, he's relived this day for the past 2 years. Trying to save you in time before it's too late.

Hoping to save you from your fate.