The city

Your POV
I sat happily in the front seat of the truck, watching the seaside disappear into the dead sandy land.

I had hummed to myself a few times, random tunes that I remembered. It felt good to sing again, I'd not done it since before I was captured.

We drove all morning and we soon slowed down when we came to a fenced off area.
A giant poster read 'mandatory infection checkpoint'
"This place looks horrible" I tried to joke
The boys all just hummed in response.

Cars sat around, with broken glass, rusted, bags, clothes and other items littered the probably once pretty area.

Fry stopped just at a tunnel. And we all got out.
I walked over to stand looking at the ominous looking tunnel.
"You want us to go in there?" Newt asked
"I don't want to come across too negative, but if I was a crank, that's exactly where I'd be" he said sarcastically and I smiled.
"I don't think we have much of a choice" Thomas said looking at his map

"Can't we go over the hill?" I asked pointing up the green above the tunnel
"The car won't go up" Thomas shook his head at me
We stood looking at the creepy tunnel.

There's no way there's not cranks in there

"Alright. But I get shotgun" Newt said walking back to the car, and stole my previously occupied seat.
"Hoy that's mine" I skipped after him

We got back in. Me in the back, beside Thomas.
Newts window was down and he was shining a light out it. Frypan turned on the cars roof lights as well, to see better.
"Fry lock the doors" I said tapping his shoulder and he did. The clicking noise helped settle my nerves a bit.

"Alright here we go" Fry said as we came up to some piled cars.
"Just take it nice and slow" newt said looking out his window.

We got in easily enough
"Woah woah woah woah woah" Thomas said, and the car stopped. A crank was standing straight ahead. Fry nervously looked back at me and Thomas.

"It's okay, it's just one. So take it easy, and go around em. We'll be fine" Thomas told him
"Take it slow. Take it slow" Fry whispered turning around again. Newt turned off his light and quickly rolled up his window.

I sat back in my seat, and I jumped into Thomas when I saw a lady at my window.
"Please." She said and she started to pull on the door handle.
"Help me. Please" she said trying again

Then another came at Thomas window. We all jumped, and I shrieked
Then more came, surrounding us, hitting on the windows.
"FLOOR IT FRY!" Thomas shouted

Frypan stepped hard on the pedal and we went zooming forward, dodging cars and other things.
One crank jumped on the front of the car and started to punch the windshield, making a giant crack

"Come on Fry shake him" Thomas said
"I'm trying" Fry whined steering left and right.

I was thinking about ways this could end badly

The crank went to Frys side window, and tried hitting again

"Hold on!" Fry shouted and he hit the monster person on a pole, making him fall off.
"FRY!" I shouted
"FRYPAN WATCH OUT!" Thomas shouted and the car hit into tin barrels and flipped over. I hit my head, coughing I tried to get the right way up. I grabbed my little bag, which had my daggers, and a gun. And I followed my cousin out his broken window.

I stood up looking around. Two fireballs already in my hands.
Thomas tried to pull open Frys door. But it wouldn't budge
"Okay Fry go around" Thomas shouted to the boy
I followed him around, standing ready while Thomas helped the boys out.
Newt tumbled out, landing awkwardly, standing up quickly.
"Newt you okay?" Thomas asked
"Yeah I just" The blonde replied standing up holding his arm beside me.
"Fry you good?" Thomas asked the last boy