Forensics and Autopsies

{Chapter 6.}

Lydia:

** Three days later**

It's been three days since finding Mom and Dads bodies. It feels like the house is haunted, things are so much different. Cassidy is locked in her room, Alec has become numb to the anguish and I am just my normal self again but, with sadness.

We've been in Mystic Falls for barely a week and now our house was being taken over by Sheriff Forbes' forensic team. Everyone but, the Salvatore's have come by to say their condolences. It was likely for Damon because I hadn't really had an interest in him but, Stefan? Now that was weird. In fact, I haven't seen him since the day he dropped me off from that tour.

Speaking of the Salvatore's, I still haven't told Alec the answers I had. The small vial of Damon's blood still sat hidden in a small jewelry box on my dresser. Elena had come to see Alec every day since finding out the news of our parents: why couldn't Stefan do that? He's sensible, I'm sure things are weird for him too just somewhere else. I confronted Elena about knowing the secret behind this town and she didn't deny anything. She was so understanding of it and down to earth. She told me about her days being human too.

That's when I noticed I was staring into space while sitting under the covers in my room. It was so quiet and I wasn't used to it. I needed to be busy to keep myself from crying obsessively into my pillow.

" I am fairly sorry for your loses." The voice was familiar but, I didn't respond. "I mean your parents are your parents but, hey now you have no curfews."

" Damon." I stroke. He looked at me seriously. "How did you get in here?" I asked.

" The window was open and your parents whom own this house have died so now you're screwed." He explained closing my window for me.

" Where's Stefan?" I asked promptly.

" He still isn't back from the morning he left." Damon sighed.

" Aren't you worried?" I asked.

" Like I said, Stefan is practical." He smirked.

" You promised." I remembered looking up at him. His eyes were deep into mine as he sat on the end of my bed.

" Look." He began, looking around my room. "That's not why I'm here Lydia. I'm here to see how you're doing as a friend. I want you to know that I'm an open ear if you need one." Damon nodded his head. In shock I sat there silently.

" I do need an open ear." I said quietly.

" And you or Alec also need to sign the contract to keep this house because the original owners are dead and now so are ... " he stopped in his tracks. "I apologize in advanced if I'm a crappy listener."

" A crappy listener?" I questioned. "Why would you say that?"

" I'll be around for as long as you want." He sat at the end of my bed slowly with a grin.

" As long as you're here, that's all really." I looked down at my covers and looked up to see Damon already staring.

Truthfully, I was pretty worried with Stefan being M.I.A. Where was he anyways? And why? It wasn't my business. What I had to focus on was the house, it was up to Alec and I whoever wanted to inherit it.

" Did you have breakfast?" Damon asked.

" No, I don't think I've opened the fridge for the past like three days." I confessed looking away from him.

" I'll be back." He managed before disappearing.

After a gust of wind I seen that the window was back open. I guessed he'd be back in a minute or two: literally. I felt a little bad for Cassidy, she's been locking everyone out since that morning and I'm not sure what her state was. So I got up, opened my bedroom door and exhaled when I seen Alec and Elena downstairs escorting sheriff Forbes and her crew out. I closed my door as I left just incase Damon came back and didn't want to be seen.