chapter forty-four: keep each company

"keep each other company"

levi apartment

three hours into your cuddle and kissing session, levi reached out to dim the nightlight beside him, allowing the glow of the moon to filter through the curtains. the room fell into a serene quiet, shadows dancing gently across the walls as you both lay there.

your boyfriend glanced your way for a second, his watch easing as it met yours. but instead of speaking, he returned his focus to the ceiling. you, on the other hand, gathered your courage, propping yourself up on one arm to face him and break the hush.

"thanks...for having me..."

levi mirrored your actions, his other hand stretching to brush a lock of stray hair behind your ear.

"thank you for staying."

his touch lingered, drafting the outline of your earlobe before cruising down to your shoulder, his fingers performing their magic, relieving the tension from your muscles.

you sighed intensely and sealed your eyes."that feels good..."

"yeah...?"

his tone was low, as his hand drifted lower, revealing the skin of your stomach when his shirt rode up. your boyfriend's face reddened at the sight of your exposed body, yet his fingertips resumed their dance around your belly button. you winced but savoured every second of the tinge.

"how are you doing? with everything that's going on," he eventually persisted.

you heaved heavily, sensing your boyfriend tease the edge of your underwear. the only thing stopping him from thrusting his fingers inside of your clit, was your stupid fucking period. levi was mindful of it, and it made you shudder with frustration and yearning.

"it's alright, i guess...going through this made me realise that i should be grateful for the people i have in my life, because i never know when they won't be around anymore..."

"is that why you wanted to amend things with petra?"

his thumb alternated between your stomach and waist, arousing you in disarray, sending heat pooling in your core. the anticipation was discernible, and it was becoming harder to ignore the unbearable desire building between you. you swallowed hard, desperately wanting him to pleasure you, but knowing he wouldn't while you were vulnerable.