Alone

" Good morning Oba-san," You greeted, walking yourself into the kitchen.
" Ah, good morning!" she replied.
She put your food on the table and you sat down.
"So, I have a few errands to do today so I might not be home for a while, could you look after yourself? Everything you need is in the house," she asked, sitting next to you.
You swallowed your food and replied.
"Of course Oba-san, when will you come home though?" 
" Ill be leaving in half an hour and coming back at 8:30, I know its a long time, but I know you can look after yourself, Your already 18 after all," she replied.
You nodded, eating the rest of your food.
You went back to your room, opening the window and letting the wind come in.
" Its been almost two years now hasn't it..." you mumbled, reminding yourself of your brother. 
He really was the best brother, no one could replace him. If only he had never gone for that mission whatsoever, he should have just stayed at home and let fate decide what to do with those demons.
You sat down on your bed, taking a book and placing your fingers on the braille.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'll be leaving now, take care (Y/N) dear," the caretaker said, opening the door.
" Goodbye, be safe Oba-san," you replied, waving.
After her footsteps became mute, you shut the door, walking back to your room.
You sat down, doing nothing, letting the silence fill the room and your ears.
Being blind wasn't boring, but there was nothing much to do. 
' Maybe I could go outside for a while, right?' you thought to yourself, getting up and walking to the house door.
You went out, thinking what to do. Maybe you could go to the park in the village and sit on the bench? No that's the same as being at home, maybe you could go and get something from the forest? The caretaker did mention about some really good herbs that she wanted from there.
' Yeah! That'll make her happy as well,' you thought to yourself. Smiling, you went back to the house and grabbed a basket and pocket knife.
You walked back out, remembering the one time you went with her to that forest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" These smell nice!" you said, cutting of the herbs and putting them in the basket.
You managed to find them in 2 hours, despite the long walk, it was nice to finally find them.
You picked a few of them and put then in the basket.
Getting up, you thought that it would be nice to stay here for a bit.
Besides, the caretaker wouldn't come back home for a while right?
You sat down under one of the trees, the wind was rather calm and cool. Small chirping of birds and little creatures walking here and there. The tree leaves rusting against each other and the faint sound of water from a nearby lake was enough to Lully you to sleep.
You eyelids slowly closed and opened, until they finally drooped and you fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Hey..."
"Hey!"
"Wake up!"
You woke rubbing your eyes.
" Who's there?" you mumbled trying to grab to stranger's hand.
" Thank god your awake, what are you doing here? Its dangerous at night!" the stranger said avoiding your attempts to grab him.
" Its already night time?" you asked, getting up and picking your basket.
" Yes! You could have died if I hadn't been here, there were demons," they replied.
"Oh! I see, thank you for saving me I guess," you replied, bowing down.
" There's no need to thank me, its my job after all," the stranger said.
" Your job?"
" Yes, I'm Tanjiro, a demon slayer," he replied.
" I'm (Y/N),"
" Nice to meet you (Y/N)-" He said but got interrupted by someone.
" Tanjiro!!! You left me alone!"
You heard another persons footsteps.
" Sorry, but I had to come and save this girl," Tanjiro replied to the whiny voice.
" Wow, She's beautiful!!" The other person said and you felt two hands grab your hands.
" Hello there! I'm Zenitsu~!" the voice said.
" Zenitsu, enough," Tanjiro said, prying his hands of yours.
" Anyways, do you need help to go back home?" Tanjiro asked.
You nodded.
" Its alright, I can go by myself," You smiled. 
Tanjiro knew that you were blind, so he insisted. Eventually you said yes, and told him where you lived.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just when you all were nearby the house, Tanjiro suddenly stopped.
" Is something wrong Tanjiro?" you asked.
" I smell something, its not good," Tanjiro said as his voice shook.
You were confused. What smell? You didn't leave the kettle on or anything.
" Its blood!" Tanjiro spoke loudly and ran towards to direction.
" Tanjiro wait!" you said, following his footsteps as Zenitsu was right behind you.
You reached the house and ran in, trying to find Tanjiro.
" Tanjiro where are-"
You stopped as you suddenly also smelled the scent of flesh nearby.
" (Y-/N)," Zenitsu stuttered as he grabbed your arm and hugged it.
You couldn't see what was happening, but you could definitely smell something.
" W-what's going on?" you muttered, walking towards the smell that was now a few inches away from you.
You sat down as you heard Tanjiro come down from the stairs.
" Don't worry ma'am! stay still! Ill help your wound!" you heard Tanjiro shout as he came back down to the scent in front of you.
'Ma-am?! It cant be..!' you thought to yourself.
" What's the time?!" you asked.
" Its, 8:35," Zenitsu replied looking at the clock on the wall.
' O-oh no...!" you muttered.
" Oba-san?!"
You hurriedly searched for the caretakers hand and found it. It felt cold, with a small hint of warmth.
" O-oh, its you..., where h-have you b-been....?" you heard the caretaker's voice as if she used half of her strength to say it.
" Oba-san, I'm sorry! I-I wanted to get you something but I fell asleep! I-I d-didn't know this was going to happen," you stuttered, tightly grasping her hand.
" Its alright, I'm just glad your okay dear, the Demon anyway gave me a lot of blood lose.." she replied in a soft voice.
You felt tears pricking out of your eyes. No, this cant end like this. She was the last bit of family you had, she can't die, she cant!
" Oba-san! T-Tanjiro will help you I swear! Just please, hang on!" 
" I'm afraid no one can dear, J-Just leave me here, its alright..," she mumbled
Tanjiro was covering up her wounds and trying to help her, but all of it was for nothing.
In a matter of minutes the caretakers hand went limp and it felt to the floor.
Another part of your already broken heart shattered. 
First your parents, then your brother, and now your caretaker. All of them are gone.
You screamed on the inside and looked down, covering your mouth with your hand to muffle the  crying you were about to do.
" (Y/N)..." Zenitsu mumbled rubbing your back.
" S-she was the only one I had...!" you stuttered through your tears.

!" you stuttered through your tears

" I, I'm so sorry (Y/N)..." Tanjiro said.
You stayed still, crying while Zenitsu was patting your back for comfort.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Burying the caretaker near the house, you got up wiping off the rest of your tears and looked down.
" I know how you feel (Y/N), but we need to move on, alright?" Tanjiro muttered rubbing your back.
You nodded, turning to the house.
" But I can't live alone, not when there are demons everywhere..." You said.
" I think I have a place you can stay in," Tanjiro said.
" But, its a long way there, and we will have missions to do," Tanjiro said and right after that, a crow was flying in circles above you all.
" See, he's here to assign me another mission," Tanjiro sighed, signaling for the crow to come down.
He sat on the shoulder.
" Caw Caw! Mission in the mountain up in the east!" It squawked.
' I-it talks!' you thought to yourself as Tanjiro sighed again.
" Hey I'll go for my mission but I have a request," Tanjiro said to crow as it waited for him to continue.
" Could you tell the head of the corpse that there is a person that needs help?" Tanjiro asked, pointing towards.
The crowed looked at you and stayed silent at first. Then he came and flew to your shoulder.
"  Caw Caw, Lets go then!" the crow said
" Heh? But I don't have anything for the journey?!" you replied.
" Then pack!" the shouted.
"Alright Alright!" you said running inside the house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" I couldn't find her..."
"What," he replied, glaring at him.
" She, she wasn't there.." the demon replied looking down at the ground.
" What a disappointment.."
" p-please, give me a few more days.." He stuttered, knowing that his life would end in a flash.
" No, I'll find her myself,"