The Farewells

Months passed, everyone was healing and taking care of themselves in the estate, mourning and remembering all their comrades who had passed in the final battle.
Flowers bloomed outside as you sat down on a bench with another man, silently drinking a cup of tea.

"So, how exactly was it in the Infinity castle...?" He murmured, remembering the last time that he spoke to you was a rather long time ago.
"It was... not as bad I thought it would be. I had friends, a love interest. I had my needs taken care of as well," You replied slowly, turning your head to the blurry black headed figure.

"I see, never thought anyone would say something like that," He replied, turning back at you with is usual, cold expression.
"What about your eyes? have they regained any of the vision from when you were a demon...?"

You shook your head.
"I doubt it's going to get better, my sight was just a temporary gift from Muzan, I suppose, it was going to disappear one way or another, at least I can still make out colors unlike before," You spoke, finishing the last drops of tea in your cup.

"Enough of me, what about you? The corps.. Its, disbanded isn't it? With the battle being over, surely you have to leave this place don't you? What are your plans?" You questioned him.

Kiriya, Ubuyashiki's son had given you permission to take over the butterfly estate as your own with the other little helpers, as you had now where to go to.  
During these healing months, you had decided to quiet down about you're life as a demon in the infinity castle. No matter how many time Tanjiro allowed you to open up, you wouldn't dare. After all, they had only recently defeated their mortal enemy and bringing him up in positive aspects wouldn't do any good to them, neither would it make them believe he was a good person.

The only time you had let loose was with Nezuko once, as she caught you murmuring the demon lord's name with tears in your eyes.
"Nee-san, i'll be off to get some groceries, do you need anything?" Haruo tweeted as he waddled towards you and Tomioka.

"No Haruo, Im fine," you gently smiled.
Standing up, you stepped away to a small, secluded place of the estate, fiddling with your necklace as your stubby arm felt the two rings conjoined by a thread. If you had no fingers to wear the adornment, then you had to be creative.

Oh how you wished you could see him again, at least one more time.
Every night, you would wish to see him in your dreams at least, but it never came true, and it pained to have him just erase out of your life like that.

Despite being a true monster, he had taken an interest in you for the worst and you ended up falling as well. All the flaws had vanished, the only thing you saw was his protectiveness, gentleness and kindness to you.

If only you could have hugged him once more, or said 'I love you'.
Why did you have to meet him and receive such pain?
...
It's happening again.
The 'i wish' s are coming back.
You couldn't help but let a few tears drip down while overthinking the whole battle, as well as your timespan with him.

" Your here again," Sumi, one of the butterfly estate helpers muttered, walking to you.
Out of instinct, you wiped off the tears and turned to her.
"Hah, yes, it's quite peaceful here isn't it?" You nervously giggled.

"Y/N-san.." she gently spoke
"Don't worry about me, I'm just...thinking, okay?"

There's no point in others worrying about you.
.
.
"Let us meet again sometime Haruo, Y/N" Tomioka smiled as he patted Haruo on the head, glancing at Sanemi.
Sanemi looked far into the distance with his bag, but soon turned to the two of you.
Walking closer, he ruffled Haruo's hair.
"Take care of your big sister, understood? And you, look after him if you don't want to loose him like your older brother," He roughly spoke as you looked down.

"Don't take that as an insult. From what I heard, your brother was a very respectful and trustworthy corps member. I know how you felt at the time, so don't loose him either," He added, turning around to face Tomioka.

" Farewell you two," You muttered, waving at them as they slowly walked away, into the distance.
Haruo grabbed your arm, huddling closer to you.
" Come on, lets go eat lunch with Aoi and the others," He smiled as you nodded.
.
.
.
It was time for Tanjiro and the rest to begin their lives too.
All of them were leaving, one  by one.
But you were happy, they could finally be free from the burden of the demon's, they could live like normal people once again.
You watched as Zenitsu and Nezuko intertwined hands, waiting for Tanjiro, Kanao and Inosuke.
"Lets meet again one day alright? Lets have a big feast in the estate when we come to visit!" Zenitsu smiled and you nodded, watching the blurred figure moving around.

There came Tanjiro and the other two.
"Goodbye Y/N," Kanao smiled as you gave her a gentle hug.
Tanjiro walked up to you, reaching his hand out for yours. You confusingly gave your stubby arm as he held it, shaking the lump.

" I know we will meet again for sure, do come visit us with Aoi and the rest," He gently spoke as you hummed a yes.
"Where's Haruo?" Nezuko questioned as the young man was sitting on the wall right behind them.

"Lookie here!"
Looking up, they watched as Haruo jumped off the wall, hugging each and every one of them.
"This world has finally been freed from the wrath of demons and immortals, but it came with great costs, I hope you don't feel anything against me Y/M" Tanjiro muttered as you shook your head.
"No Tanjiro. What you did was right for the world. I'm merely just one person, the only person who wanted him to live. The world is better off without him, and I accept it," You replied with a painful tone.
"Oh Y/N!" Nezuko spoke, rushing to you and embracing your body with all the affection she could have given you.
"You'll find someone better! For sure!" She yelled.

Of course you wont, you never will.
He's the only one for you.