Chapter 08

Everything happened so fast but so quietly. and everything that happened at the palace in the past three days is kept within Lieutenant Kim, Chamberlain Kim Junmyeon, and a few trusted officers and guards. They started the investigation with a matter that happened a few days ago by going into every palace guard's schedules, activities, log reports, CCTV records.

Kai can be seen around the palace more often than in the past. Others didn't suspect him doing something secret. Because they find Kai walking around the palace or in King's study. People who work in the palace believe Lieutenant Kim missed the palace and his best friend. So it gives Kai full freedom to do investigation freely.

Within one day they found a few interesting things that happened in past but kept it quiet.

Other than the Naval ceremony, they found someone named 'Song Ji- Sung ' at every event that King attend in the past couple of years. This unknown person was on every official guest list. Kai found it interesting. Because it means this Ji- sung was someone from inside or someone from officials or politics. Some documents said this person was a journalist. And some documents said person is from staff. The funny thing is only background details changed. Not photo and name. But there is no record about guards finding it suspicious.

After some digging into past log reports and events records, Kai found more careless doings from a few guards and chiefs. Also, there aren't any records about taking care of it. Royal guards can't be like this. No matter how small the problem is it might get the king in danger.

With background searching, Kai found that Song Ji sung has a connection to traitor Oh Jinho. It gives goosebump to Kai. If someone from traitor's followers tailing king, it means His King aka his lover is in danger. Kai knew he has to do something immediately.

+++++++++

During the secret investigation, Kai did another research. Actually, it was requested from Chamberlain Junmyeon. He asked him to search for some trustworthy guards, in every division.

So during the procedure, Kai found few guards and chiefs that can be trusted. He found they're all trying their best to fulfill their responsibilities. Although some of them do not recognize enough to their performance.

One evening, after finish discussing investigation results, Kai ask Chamberlain Junmyeon about the reason behind his other task.

"Sir, why you ask me to do that? I am asking because of curious"

"Kai, you know I was waiting till the right time to do some changing in Royal court. So after some thinking, I thought to do some changes in Royal guards also. Because of what happened I couldn't stay and look until something happen to our king." Junmyeon replied sipping his tea.

"But sir, how can you do it? Do you have any plans? We can't do anything about Royal guards." Kai questions in confusion.

"Yes, I know. I might am not able to do anything. But our King can change anything. And I have few plans in my head." he replied with a victorious glance.

"Oh," Kai nodes. Knowing it will happen really soon. Kai gives him a document filled with details about a few people.

"sub captain Park Chanyeol, sub captain Kim Jongdae from team two, guard Kim Man-Park from team one, chief Lee from uniform division, chief Lee from Cyber division" Junmyeon read names in document looking through papers.