Chapter 49

It was the night before New Year. People are getting ready to celebrate New Year, wishing their life will happy and successful. The Royal Palace is also getting ready to welcome New Year like every year. The difference is they are more excited to welcome their Princes in several weeks than New Year. Yet they still prepared for the celebration.

King Sehun and Primer Lee attend the celebration held at the Haeundae as their country tradition, while His Highness Kim Kai attends the celebration in the palace because of his pregnancy. Only royal staff and Kim Kai's family are included in the celebration in the Palace.

His highness Kim Kai stands in the middle of the garden, holding a lantern with his wish written on it. Jongdae is behind him, while Lady Kim and twins stand beside him with Prince Kyungsoo, also holding their lanterns.

Kai, let go of his lantern and pray in his mind, to a blissful and healthy year for his country and them. And stares at the beautiful sight of the lanterns flying in the nightly sky.

He looks down at his baby bump and murmurs, "Happy New year to my babies, I can't wait until you come" with a smile, and gains a few kicks as a reply.

After that, they head to the ballroom where the celebration is held on. Sehun and Primer Lee also came back to the Palace to join the celebration.

"Happy New Year, My Queen, My Love," Sehun murmurs hugging his husband as he joins them.

"Happy New Year Pyeha," Kai replied with a full smile.

Sehun placed his hand on the younger's baby bump before wishing the same to his babies.

"Happy New Year Mama." Primer Lee greets His Highness Kim Kai as a royal couple let go of their greeting and turn to others. But Sehun is still pasted to his husband holding his waist and helping later to stand without much difficulty with his huge stomach. Even though Kai is wearing his big royal robes, and it covers his body greatly, they still can see how much his highness transformed due to his pregnancy. And with him only having a few weeks to the due date, His Highness Kim Kai is glowing.

"Same to You, Primer Lee," Kai replied with a smile.

"Let's get you to sit, my love," Sehun said looking at Kai, knowing well his husband is having a hard time standing for long.

~

Even though the celebration is still going, His Highness Kim Kai excuse to get some rest. Jongdae was standing at the door inside Kai's Bedroom. His highness Kim Kai is laying on the bed resting.

Suddenly emergency alarm echoed through the palace, alerting everyone.

'Fire alert! Fire alert! Fire surrounded in the main Ballroom, North wing. Royal Guards, escort the VVIPs to the safe room!'

As soon as Kai heard the alarm he stands, looking at his guard, Jongdae. Jongdae runs to the bathroom and gets a few wet towels before handing them to Kai.

"Mama, let's go!" Jongdae said to Kai.

"Where is Pyeha? What happen?" Kai asks ignoring his request, his heart is racing at full speed, with worried for his King. He forgets his pregnancy due to his instincts to protect his king.