Chapter 45

Jongdae partially lives in the palace, only taking a break to return home to get some sleep and change clothes. His highness Kai is opposed to what he is doing. But to him, protecting pregnant Queen comes first before anything. Because he failed to protect him once, he didn't want the same thing to happen again.

"Jongdae, you should get some rest," Chanyeol said looking at him while making coffee for two of them.

"Nah, I am okay Captain," Jongdae replied still focused on what he typing on the laptop.

"I know why you are doing this, as your leader, I am worried about you. I can't have you getting sick from overworking, especially time like this." Chanyeol mutters placing a coffee mug at his desk and sits on his own chair. He heard Jongdae sighing.

"But captain I am scared something happened again. I don't want to get that risk. Even I trust my team..." Jongdae mutters sighing again.

"You are not the only one who blames for yourself that incident. It was also my fault. Even though you are the one who is in charge of His highness's security, I am the captain. And I also failed to protect him by helping you.-"Chanyeol replied eyes focused on his coffee, thinking.

Jongdae looks at his Captain with surprise. Even though he knew Chanyeol for a long time, he didn't think he is also blaming himself. He knows his friend changed from his playful personality to a serious one. And he knows He is also ready to sacrifice his life for King's safety, like he to his highness.

"You Know, Chamberlin Kim told me, that he will arrange private quarters for you in the palace." Chanyeol's words brought him back from his thoughts.

"What?" Jongdae asks surprised. Only the Royal guard Captain has private quarters in the palace, while other guards have dormitory to share. But a lot of guards won't stay at the palace guards' dormitory because they have enough time to go home and get back to duty. If not lot of them rent apartments near the palace. It's not something difficult, because being a royal guard means they are getting well paid.

"Yeah, Chamberlin Kim told me today, he knows what you are doing. He told me to tell you to get ready to move in the day after tomorrow. Oh! I am going, my break is over." Chanyeol said looking at his watch before standing.

"Thank you, Captain. Yes, I will also return to my shift in 30 mins." Jongdae said with a smile, which he gets a playful salute from his friend.

~

His Highness Kai is now nine weeks along. Despite him being less than three months from his pregnancy, he starts to feel his change in the body. He is glowing. Everyone can see his change. And Kai seems in the good mood every day. Even he is busy with the queen's schedules. They haven't announced the news of Queen's pregnancy to the people. And He tried his best to finish major events that he has to appear ahead of before he rests from work. So he was busy with his schedules last six weeks and didn't get much time to himself. And today is the last day he is going to appear in public until his baby is born.

"Mama, let's go, Pyeha is waiting for you," Jongdae said to Queen, escorting him to the royal car.

As they approach the vehicle, Sehun turns to them hearing the footsteps.