Chapter 55 (Epilogue)

The golden tint stretched across the broad sky, reflecting the color of the sea. The beach is covered with fine white sand, sliding his foot through the silk sand. Even though the surroundings are gradually becoming darker, he can still see the depth of the waters, which is clearer than anything he has seen previously. Sea waves kiss his bare feet from time to time, reminding him of how refreshing the ocean is.

Sehun comes over to the massive stone and sits on it, both feet in the cold water. He runs his fingers through his unkempt hair, attempting to clean it up. Even if the wind isn't particularly strong, it causes his already tangled hair to become even more tangled. All alone, the King gazes out at the huge sea and gorgeous sky, listening to the sound of the waves. His mind, heart, and body are all at ease. Sehun closed his eyes and savored the calmness of nature.

The king was so engrossed in his relaxation that he didn't see anyone approaching him. A familiar scent hit his nose, and King opened his eyes, gazing to his besides where his husband is standing, staring at the guy, and his mouth naturally curves into a pleasant grin.

"I didn't want to bother you," Kai said as he sat next to him. Sehun has a habit of wrapping his hand around the younger's waist.

"This is so calm. I hope our children could experience this as well." King remarked this as he took a deep breath of fresh salty air.

"I know. I, too, missed them." Kai responded, resting his head on the elder man's shoulder.

This was what they did now: they traveled and enjoyed the life they had missed. Sehun bestowed his throne to their eldest son as soon as the twins reached sixteen. They have formally relinquished their responsibilities and have left the Palace to travel. They were relieved to have children that were understanding and supportive. They vowed not to allow something like that to happen again after knowing the truth about Manpasikjeok and what transpired as a result of it. And the twins wanted to give their parents the opportunity to enjoy life. As a reward for dedicating nearly their whole lives to the protection of the royal bloodline and kingdom. Sehun and Kai are pleased with how their children have matured. And they realized they didn't have to be concerned about anything. Because the Twins had Chamberlain Byun, Princes Kyungsoo, Captain Park, and Jongdae at their sides throughout the years. And will continue to do so in the future.

Following that, Sehun and kai begin their journey. They are no longer trailed by bodyguards. There are just two of them. Kim Kai and Oh Sehun. That's more than enough.

~

It is no longer surprising for them to face the universe with their doppelgangers. They did, however, try to avoid meeting them as much as possible. Sehun and Kai met all the kind versions of themselves while traveling. But something remained consistent in all universes. That is, they have each other in every world, whether as closest friends, family members, or spouses. That made Sehun pleased, knowing that somewhere in every world, there was someone who genuinely cared about him, loved him, fought for him, and would die for him...

They also traveled through time. But only to the past, because Sehun does not want to interfere with their appearance in the future. They learned a lot by going through time. Kai did his best to leave notes in his diary about the new knowledge they discovered.