Chapter 46

This was the third time he had been turned down for a meeting with the Queen; the Royal Palace's explanation was that his highness was taking a break from all of his duties while healing from an injury. But he doesn't think so. He is well aware that the King does not approve of him spending even a single second with the Queen. It's understandable given that he was the one who informed the monarch of his feelings for the Queen. However, refusing his visits for two months seems suspicious. He attempts to find anything from the palace's inside. However, nothing worked. His spy, who he tried to place at the palace as Queen Staff, couldn't last three days since he was apprehended. That servant, on the other hand, was prudent not to disclose him. He had no idea how his spy was discovered or what had happened to him. But he never gives up. Obtaining information from the Royal Palace is currently more difficult than obtaining feathers from a turtle. He admires the brain behind the palace's upgraded security measures. Because he knows it wasn't always like this.

Primer Lee sips his tea without moving his eyes from where he staring at. He is in deep thoughts that he didn't hear his sectary coming to his office after knocking a few times.

"Sir." His secretary's voice pulls him from his thoughts. Primer Lee looks at his secretary.

"Did you get approval?" he asks.

"Sorry sir, they reject it again. But inform your monthly meeting with Pyeha will not change." She said.

That is another issue. Their monarch decided to make his weekly session a monthly one. Saying he doesn't have to come in every week for a report that can be sent through email. As a result, his weekly palace visits are reduced to one per month. But what can be done? He couldn't resist their king's decision, even if he didn't agree with the new plan.

"Again? Seriously what's happing in the palace? Why can't meet his highness?" Primer Lee mutters to himself. Hearing that his secretary's eyes got wide but she remains quiet. He looks at her, seeing she is still here.

"You can go now. Prepare the report." Primer Lee said before standing and walking toward his bookshelf, searching a file from it.

"Yes sir." She bows at him and left leaving him with his thoughts again.

"There is something going on in the palace. I must find it no matter what." He mutters determined,

~

Chanyeol walks through the quiet corridor, at end of it is Cheonjongo. It was closed for everyone, except the royal family, Chamberlain Kim, and a few royal guards including him and Jongdae. He enters the Cheonjongo. And walks toward behind pavilion where a secret door is placed. He touched one of the statues placed beside it and a digital screen opened beside the door. Chanyeol placed his thumb on the scanner, and in a few moments the door gets opened and he walks through the dark path leading to a secret room.

As he enters the room, one guard runs to him.

"Captain" he greets him handing a file.

"Anything new?" Chanyeol questioned as he scanned the file.

"Everything is normal sir." The guard replied. Chanyeol looks at him then the room where his special team is busy with working. There are more than ten people in the room. All of them are sitting in front of computers and electronic devices, listing and tracking every single worker related to the palace.

"Good. Keep it up. And Pyeha has a meeting with Primer Lee tomorrow. You should keep eye on him. He tried to send a spy here last time. We can't let that happen again." Chanyeol said closing the file.