Chapter 38

Five days after the incident, Corean media release shocking news about arresting their Prime Minister. Few video and audio clips were released getting everyone's attention. Prime Minister Bae was arrest due to her illegal business and few more illegal exchanges between other countries. And same goes for her partners. She was removed from her post. Her every property was confiscated. And she was held in prison until the royal wedding finished for further inspections.

Even though that news brought everyone shock, but they get over with it soon. Soon enough The King appointed Deputy Prime Minister to the vacant post of Prime Minister, temporally.

In the middle of the chaos, the royal wedding gets near. And people in Corea were excited to see the royal wedding. Little did they know, their King is planning to get rid of people, who hate Kai and tried to hurt him.

~

Since Lady Kim and the twins visit, His Highness Kim Kai's mood seems back to normal a little. He joins to dinner and spent time with others. Although he wanted to return to his duties, Chamberlain Junmyeon refuses to send him to any work. So he spent time with his secretary Baekhyun and his guard Jongdae, helping with wedding preparations. Even Kai tries to hide the fact he is trying to forget about the incident by busying himself with anything, others knew what he is trying and let him be.

3 weeks flew like a moment of blink, and finally, it's Kingdom of Corea's special day. Their King is finally getting married in his middle thirties, after his 27 years becoming King. Every single person is happy with their King's decision to marry a perfect man like former Captain, LTFG Kim Kai.

The royal wedding was held in the main palace and famous temple in Busan as a royal tradition. People witness everything through live broadcasts. Same as 27 years ago. This brings memories of King and Queen's first encounter, 'Sehun crowned and did his first duty as The King mourning to the late king. Little Kai walked to the young king who was on the floor, offering sweet in his hand to him.'

After events held on the temple, King and Queen were lead to open carriages, which they will separately ride in the wedding parade with the Royal army and Corean forces. People were gathered on the sides of the road to watch and give their blessing to the royal couple.

~

Kai was nervous about every little thing. Because he never had an idea that he will become the Queen of Corea. He doesn't know a lot of things about being Queen. One he never saw Queen in his life because they lost late queen a lot earlier. Second, all the things he learned in his life were how to protect King or anything related to that subject. So becoming Queen and adjusting to a new lifestyle was a bit difficult for him. But with help of his lover, who is now his husband, his family, Chamberlain Junmyeon who treated him as his son, and his best friend Baekhyun, who become his secretary, and his royal guard team he manages to work with his sudden change in life.

Kai adjusts his white and golden robe and small headdress on his head then looks at people waiting beside the road with banners and flags which has the royal emblem on them. He puts on a small smile and waves his hands at them. Jongdae and six more guards are walking alongside his open carriage. Chanyeol and his team are doing the same for Their King the carriage in front of his. Kai can see how natural and free, King's action is while he greets his people.

Kai was in disbelief when he saw how many people waiting to watch them. He was used to people's attention all the time. But now he gets attention because of different reasons. So he didn't get used to the idea of people supporting him to marry their King.

After their two hours long parade they arrived at the main Palace. Prince Luhan and Prince Kyungsoo are waiting to complete the last part of the Royal wedding rituals.

Everyone greets with bowing as they walk to the throne room.

King and Queen Stand in front of prince Luhan and waits until the elder royal completes the final rituals. After exchanging vows, the royal emblem of Queen's was handed to Kai by Sehun, making him Queen officially. Prince Kyungsoo helps him to put his broch on his robes with a big smile on his face.

Sehun and Kim Kai stand in front of the throne facing court members and other guests.

"All the hail to the king and Queen!" with that everyone shouts with bowing to them.

~

Sehun and Kim Kai change their robes into modern royal suites, which are more comfortable compared to silk robes and headdresses. They have to return to the ceremony in few minutes. A lot of guests and court members are waiting to meet them.

Sehun looks at the figure on another side of the room through a large mirror in front of him. His husband is leaning back to his chair with his eyes closed. Servants are fixing his hair and makeup. Kai is dress in a black low-neck shirt and white suit. The Queen Broche is hanging on the right side of the jacket. Kai's now silver hair is styled. It was parted from the side making his forehead cover a bit. And it makes him more beautiful.

Sehun was staring at his beautiful husband and thinking how lucky he is, that he didn't saw younger opens his eyes and looks back at him through the mirror. Kai smiles seeing his husband staring at him. Soon king's smile turns into a grin. Kai saw King signaling servants to give them privacy. Kai stands and fixes his clothes while he waits to look at the mirror and pondering what his husband going to do in the middle of their wedding ceremony.

"Hey, baby" Sehun walks to younger and hugs him behind, still keeping eye contact through the mirror. Closing his eyes, Kai leans into older's touch.

Sehun turns him around and looks at younger's face, one hand curling on Kai's waist.

"How are you feeling? I know you were so nervous earlier" Sehun mutters collecting his husband's hands into his.

"Yeah. I was nervous, but now I am okay." Kai replies to him smiling.

"You look so beautiful today," King said again, making the younger's face red in shyness.

"I am not beautiful. And you are the one who handsomes as always." Kai mutters.

"I am serious love, you are so beautiful today. I bet others are jealous of me because I got you all by myself." Sehun continues his praising.

"Hyuuuung~" Kai whines in a small voice. Sehun chuckles.

"You know, I never knew you will look that good in royal robes. You were like a doll. But I prefer your current clothes." King adds with a pinch on his cheek. This time Kai pushed the king's hand aside glaring.

"-And I want to kiss you now," Sehun said before leaning in and capturing Kai's plump lips into his for a deep kiss.

They broke the kiss after running out of air. Sehun looks at Kai's now red and glossy lips and smirks. He put his thumb on the younger's lips wiping the saliva they shared.

Kai tries to break the hug and fix his clothes. They will get scold by Junmyeon if they spent more time in the dressing room. As Kai thought, a knock was heard from the closed door.

"Pyeha, Mama, You should head to the banquet hall. What took so long?" Chamberlain Junmyeon said entering the dressing room, eying two younger men before him.

sehun let go of his husband, but not before secretly patting Kai's butt with a grin. He leans into the younger's ear to whisper something.

"Now I can hold myself for few more hours before I devour you." Kai pushes older's face off from his with a glare, but his blushing face told another thing.