Chapter 51

Chanyeol is someone who served a long time period to the Royal family as a royal guard. He joined as a royal guard even before his highness Kim Kai. During his service period, he had seen and heard so many things that happened to the king. And he has his own fair share of experience with their King. But one thing is he never understand was the unexplainable events that happened with his former Captain and the King during the past five years.

How they know something before happened. Like the fire incident that happened a few days ago, their King was the one who told about the attackers even before they attack. And his king knew where and how many of them are going to be. Chanyeol wants to ask how their king knows about it. But he knew not to cross the boundaries.

The last time when his Highness Kim Kai was still working as Captain, he and the king went for an outing and return to the palace with the dying Captain. After he recovers from the injury, His highness acted weird for a long time. Like he was suffering from something other than his physical condition. That time was the start of him acting as Captain for Kai's place. And even in his recovery, his former Captain helps him to learn how things work as Captain.

His Highness Kim Kai and Chanyeol become friends through the years of working together. And as a friend, Chanyeol learns to understand his highness better and he is no longer had to say anything to him for that. Chanyeol knew their Queen puts his trust in him to protect their King. And he swore from his life to do that no matter what.

After the fire incident, King's behavior changed. He refuses to leave the palace and did every schedule in the palace. And he visits his highness every hour, even in the middle of scheduling he checks him. If they leave King alone in his study, Chanyeol found their king staring at his and Queen's wedding photo with tearful eyes. Also, Chanyeol was said to tighten the security of their Queen. And only allowed to few people to meet Queen anytime, others have to get permission from the King or Chamberlain Kim before doing it.

Chanyeol knew something happened with the fire incident to make their king like this, and he was worried that the king will get sick if this keeps going. Also, it seems like their Queen isn't aware of the matter. If his highness Kai knew, Chanyeol is sure he would do anything to make the king happy, no matter which state he was in.

"Pyeha" Chanyeol calls the king.

Sehun looks up from where he was staring.

"Are you okay Pyeha?" Captain asks again.

"I am okay, don't worry. It's just a small headache." Sehun replied, rubbing his face tiredly.

"Shall I call the doctor, Pyeha? Or get some painkillers?" the captain asks, reaching his mic to give a command.

"No, I am okay. I will take some. If it gets worsen." Sehun said before standing.

"Chanyeol, let's go to the nursery. I want to check how things going there." King adds after a few minutes and Chanyeol nodes with 'yes, Pyeha.' and they leave the study, walking to the west wing, where the main nursery is built.

~