Chapter 47

People's response to the Queen Pregnancy announcement has been better than Sehun expected. Many of them are ecstatic to hear the news, and they are even more welcoming of new royal members. People were startled to learn that their strong ex-Captain is expecting a child. It makes sense. Who would have guessed Kim Kai is gifted in every aspect, despite the fact that he struggled to become the person he is now. Kai was born with a silver spoon, but he didn't acquire anything for free; he worked hard for all he has now, including the man he loves.

Despite the fact that practically everyone reacts enthusiastically to the news, some people have made rude remarks on social media. And, being possessive of Kai, Sehun gave the order to punish those people. As a result, they were punished for speaking out against their Queen. Call him a tyrant, but Sehun will not let anything happen to his sole remaining family.

~

Lady Kim and the twins paid their weekly visit to the palace. Kim's family begins visiting him on a weekly basis after learning that his son is pregnant. Kai enjoys spending time with his parents and siblings, as well as eating his mother's food.

Baekhyun greets them at the door and assists Lady Kim with the items she has brought. While the elders were busy taking care of what they had brought, Eun-bi and Kak-bi dashed along the familiar corridors that led to the Queen Quarters in the west wing.

"Oppa! Hyung!" they shout excitedly entering Kai's study.

His Highness Kim Kai is seated in his normal spot, a large armchair near the window, where he can enjoy the lovely view of his yard. But something isn't right. Kai is weeping into a half-finished crocheted infant cloth, and Jongdae is kneeling beside him, attempting to soothe down his master.

As soon as the twins saw their brother is crying they ran toward him.

"Oppa? Why are you crying?" Eun-bi asks placing her small hand on his shoulder and trying to get a response from him.

Kak-bi looks at Jongdae who stands after giving twins to space.

"Why Hyung is crying?" he asks with a serious voice, but Jongdae only could do is shake his head helplessly.

"Hyung, please don't cry." Eun bi said pulling her brother's face from the cloth he was holding. Kai looks at his siblings with tearful eyes and hiccups.

Eun-bi wipes his tears with her sweater pawns, muttering 'don't cry Oppa.' And Kai pulls both his brother and sister into a hug, sobbing on their shoulders.

Twins look at each other with tearful eyes. They rarely see their brother cry. And when it happens they don't like it least a bit. Their brother is their hero, and he doesn't cry easily. And when he cries, they don't know what to do other than give a shoulder to cry.

Lady Kim and Baekhyun enter Kai's study to witness him crying, with tightly hugging twins and they are trying to calm down brother. Lady Kim looks at Baekhyun with a questioning brow.

"I really don't know what happened, Lady Kim. He was fine when I left to get you," he mutters before looking at Jongdae.

"He was fine and knitting his new baby shirt. But suddenly he starts to cry. I asked if he is having any pain. He said 'no'. But he won't tell me or twins why he is crying." Jongdae replied.

Lady Kim understands what's happing. With a shake of her head, she walks toward his children.

"Kai-ah my big baby!" she calls him as she gets near. Kai looks up from a hug hearing his mother's voice.