Chapter 13

From the moment Kai left for the special training, Sehun was extremely stressed and worried. When younger was in missions god knows where Sehun was worried. But this time is different. Because Sehun knows where Kai is and how much danger younger is facing. He knows he has to trust younger and wait, without doing any stupid decisions. He didn't see him for three months, didn't know if he was okay or was something happens. Every night he'd lie awake looking at the moon, praying that his lover wasn't hurting too badly.

This special training contains several trials, both physically and mentally exhausting. Royal guard captain can be able to pull the king out of a fire, save him from poisoning, save him from a kidnapping, prevent kidnapping from even happening. If Captain got kidnapped he needed to be able to withstand torture. so this training will be brought to one's limits. Be skilled in every form of martial arts and discipline there was. Although Kai is the most skilled LTFG officer, there is some limit he can go through.

Sehun knew Kai would pull through all of it, but at what cost? Did he have to see the man he loved get broken down into tiny pieces just so he could serve him? It was ridiculous, there was no one he trusted like he trusted Kai and he told him that, told him that he trusted him and that he knew he was capable.

~

When Kai finally came back from the training after long three months the sight of him broke the king. Kai was so pale, he'd lost so much weight, and he had cuts and bruises all over his body. He had to be hospitalized as soon as the training was over since he had suffered severe injuries. Broken ribs, internal bleeding, and several fractures in his face, arms, and legs. His fingernails had been ripped off, even some of his back teeth. He was malnourished and he didn't smile as easily as he had before. He had so much tension in his body, mind always on some faraway danger; he was more closed off than before.

Every trainer had told him how impressive Kai had tested, that Kai would make the finest captain of the royal guards the palace had ever seen. That, they hadn't been able to break him no matter what they tried. They told him all of it like he should be happy, but how could he be happy about that? When his lover gets broken like this.

Sehun did his best not to break down in front of younger. With tears holding he looks after younger in the hospital bed. Chamberlain Junmyeon cried when he saw the younger boy's state. But he left to do his remaining work of Making Kai Captain of the royal guard.

During Kai's absence, Captain Lee and other wronged guards got fired. With Chamberlain Kim Junmyeon giving a detailed reason to do that. Kim Jongdae and Park Chanyeol get promoted to Team one Sub Captains. With LTFG Kim leave, with confidential reason, the Captain of the Royal guard post is vacant.

~

Chanyeol knew something big will happen when King's best friend LTFG Kim joined to Royal guards. But he didn't saw this coming. Captain Lee, Sub captains of team one and some normal guard, and a few division chefs got fired. He, Jongdae, and several guards got promoted. Although it was the best chance for him he is curious about what more coming from their King, LTFG Kim, and Chamberlain Junmyeon.

When he got to accompany King to one of Kim's mansions, LTFG Kim's family owns, he got the idea about if there any chance of King and his best friend in a relationship. Looks of a king giving to Kim Kai during the journey back to the palace make him believe it.

So when LTFG Kim return from his leave with seriously injured and King refused to leave him from his hospital ward Chanyeol was on duty, he saw their King's love for LTFG Kim and LTFG Kim's love for King. Chanyeol heard their words himself clearly.

"Kai, do you have to go through this much pain? Am I worth that much?" King asks holding Kai's hand tightly, with tears rolling down on his cheeks.

"Yes, you are everything to me and I will go through more than this if I have to," Kai replied with a small voice.

"But Why? Why you have to gets yourself hurt?" Sehun asks, sobbing.

"Because I love you, Hyung. More than anything in my life." Kai said with a small smile on his pale face.

Although it was their private moment Chanyeol glad He gets to know about them, so he can help them with much as he can. And wishes they can be together without any more hurting.

+++++++++++