chapter 09

Chamberlain Junmyeon and Kai finished their investigation. After discussing with King, they decide to dismiss the current Captain and Sub Captain and their followers. Also, they decide to hire new Royal guards to fill in. But there is a risk, firing the Captain of the royal guard will bring chaos to palace security. So they decide to do every change in slow but within a short time. So it won't bring them more problems.

As the first step, Kai joined the Royal Guard as a military attaché as they decide. And work as a normal royal guard until his time comes.

When Kai's first day at work everyone surprise to find him in his naval uniform at their captain's office. Other than Captain Lee, no one knows about Lieutenant Kim joining Royal guards.

"Captain Lee, LTFG Kim Kai reporting for duty." Kai introduces himself to others giving his hand to handshake.

"Welcome to the Royal Guard, LTFG Kim." The captain said shaking his hand. Their greeting becomes awkward. Because Lieutenant Kim holds a higher position than Captain Lee in the military.

Sub captain Kim Jongdae nudges Chanyeol without moving his eyes from scenes before him.

"Captain Lee is Second Lieutenant Rank in the army. But LTFG Kim's Rank is higher than his." Chanyeol explained quietly to Sub-captain Kim.

"Oh, then that's why Captain looks pissed. Because LTFG Kim didn't have to salute him. But he has to." Jongdae mutters understanding the current situation.

"Yep." Chanyeol chirp beside him.

"So LTFG Kim, what brings you into Royal guard?" Captain Lee questioned walking toward his desk with Kai.

"Nothing special. This was my dream job when I was young." Kai replied smiling ear to ear.

"I see." Captain chuckles awkwardly turning toward other guards.

"Lieutenant Kim Kai is here to join us as a military attaché. Let me introduce you to my team." Captain Lee named each of his sub captains, and LTFG Kim shook their hands one after another.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. This is my first time serving in protective detail of this magnitude. I'll have to rely on all of your help until I get my bearings. Please be patient with me." Kai said to everyone in a large room. Of course, everyone agreed happily. They are excited to work with the famous Kim Kai, who is best friends with their King. Little did they know, this is the beginning of a new era in Royal guards.

~

After meeting every chief in Royal guard divisions, Kai heads toward their office. Captain Lee tagged Sub-captain Kim as his mentor. He gave him the week schedule full of upcoming tests to check his abilities. He looks through his schedule checking it.

"LTFG Kim, today you don't have any schedule. So you can leave early. Tomorrow morning you will have your first test. Chanyeol will guide you. So, report before 0700." Jongdae said to Kai.

"Okay, Sub-captain. I will go then. See you tomorrow." Kai leaves the office taking his things. He heads to meet Chamberlain Junmyeon.

He found Junmyeon in his study with Secretary Kim.