Chapter 50

If someone asks Sehun what he hates most, one thing is to wait outside at the emergency room, while Kai is inside. He doesn't know how always everything happens to make his husband's life risk. Sehun is walking back and forth in the corridor, while Chanyeol remains standstill, beside him, face emotionless, but anyone can see he is also worried about the Queen, his former Captain.

When they arrive at the palace earlier, Kai and Jongdae were already on the way to the hospital. They couldn't use the infirmary at the palace because the place was damaged by the fire. Jongdae's situation wasn't dangerous as Kai's. He was shot in the chest, but because he was wearing his bulletproof vest the damage was not serious. Doctors said he will be discharged in a few days. Kai got shot in the stomach. And if it was another time he won't be in the serious state as now, but with him being pregnant, he lost a lot of blood on the way to the hospital.

The door gets open and Prince Kyungsoo who was with Kai all the way from the Palace as his doctor steps out. Kyungsoo looks at the King, he seems, holding his tears.

"Hyung-"He stops for a bit to get a full breath before continuing his sentence.

"I am going to talk as his Doctor, Pyeha." He said, making him worry more. Sehun looks at him with pleading, praying to deliver good news.

"You have to decide Pyeha," Kyungsoo said again, his eyes betraying, and start to pour tears.

"You have to decide who we should save, Pyeha. His highness Kai's condition is serious. We will lose both mother and Kids if we try to save them all "he continues. Hearing those words Sehun's world starts to break down again.

Why?

Why he has to do this?

Why he couldn't save them both? Why?

Why does everything happen to him only?

Why?

Why life is so unfair to him and Kai?

Sehun looks back at his cousin, with tearful eyes. He has to decide. Even it has to scarify his half of heart. Both his husband and children hold his heart. How could he decide to save only one? How?

"Save Kai. No matter what." Sehun replied finally, and Kyungsoo bows. And without saying anything he returns to the emergency room, while Sehun stares at the retiring figure, with tears running down.

For a moment, memories flashed in his mind, reminding what happened before, the same place, the same situation after they get back from the night of the coup. He remembers how he goes back to save his lover that night, how scared he was when Kai's cold body touched his When he doesn't feel Kai's pulse.

Sehun stands, before looking at the Chanyeol.

"I am going to the palace. Don't leave him." Sehun said and walks out of the hospital, Chanyeol's team following behind him.