Chapter 44

Kai knew something is wrong with his body. But he didn't think much because of his excitement for participating event. So he forgets about it until now. After returning to the palace finishing events, Kai feels tried more than other days. So Kai gets a warm bath to ease his tired body with help of his husband, who continuously nag him about his stubbornness.

Kai didn't get to sleep much, he suddenly feels muscle cramp in his abdomen. And because he doesn't want to disturb his peacefully asleep husband and worry him, Kai endured his pain until morning and acts he is okay in front of Sehun.

As soon as Sehun left for the meeting, Kai calls his secretary and told him to call the Royal doctor without alarming others.

~

"Dr. Song?" Chamberlin Kim looks at the Royal doctor questionably.

"Good Morning Sir" Dr. Song greets him bowing.

"Why are you here? Did someone call you?" Junmyeon asks to frown. Because as He knows King is away from palace and Queen didn't inform him about being sick or anything.

Before Doctor can reply to him Baekhyun walks them to cursing in the head for his luck. Kai asks him to bring the doctor secretly. But to their luck, Chamberlin Kim already caught them.

"Mr. Byun, what's happening?" Chamberlin Kim looks at Queen's secretary who bows at him and whispers about the queen's request.

Hearing that Kai asks for a doctor, Chamberlin Kim h get worried and rushes to Queen quarters, Royal Doctor and Baekhyun tailing behind them.

~

Kai stood at the window, looking out at his garden while rubbing his abdomen. His muscle cramp is getting worsen, and he is a bit scared about it. Because what if he is diagnosed with cancer or something. Kai was thinking all the worse possibilities when he heard a knocking sound.

"Come In" Kai replied.

Soon the door of his room opened and Chamberlin Kim, Baekhyun, and Royal Doctor enter. Seen Chamberlin Kim, Kai looks at his secretary who mouths apologies at him.

"Mama, what happened? Why did you ask for a doctor?" Junmyeon walks to Kai, searching at him if he has any injuries.

"Sir, calm down. It's not something big. I just having a muscle cramp. That's why I didn't tell you." Kai tries to calm the older.

"Even it was something small, you should tell me," Junmyeon said to Kai.

"Mama, may I?" The Royal doctor asks for permission to check him, and Kai nods. Carefully laying down at his bed. Chamberlin Kim stands beside his bed with a worried look.

Royal Doctor checks him few minutes and removes his stethoscope.

"Mama, did you feel anything unusual last few days?" Doctor asks looking at the queen.

"Not much, but I feel more tired these days. But it was normal to me after starting that medicine course." Kai replied.