[Post #2] [A Daydream Away]

Luke

It's been two days since I posted that first one. I was right in thinking that I wouldn't get to speak to Calum. He slouched against Michael for the whole day, playing FIFA and eating food. Instead, I had to speak to Ashton, who was amazing to talk to (as always) but not what I wanted at that time. So we're at school now and it's lunchtime. 

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" I ask Aleisha for the last time. She wraps her arms around my waist and shakes her head. 

"Baby they don't want me there. I'm not part of your band. Don't worry about me, I can eat with Tasha and Jules. Just go and practise, don't worry about me!" she replied with a tired sigh. I felt so bad for her, because it was the same thing every lunchtime. The boys would want to rehearse but I would want to eat with Aleisha but she would feel left out so I ended up being separated from her. 

Reluctantly, I say goodbye and head to the music block where I can hear a bass being tuned. 

Calum.

I want to say something to him so bad. Something other than 'hi', or 'hey'. Something like 'I love you' or 'be mine?' - obviously not that... but maybe one day...

"Lucassss!" Calum yodels, putting down the bass and running over like a ferret to hug me. That feels good... I sniff Calum's scent and sigh, relaxing my shoulders, letting my saliva glands do their job... "Lucas?"

I jolt and push him away like a reflex. I don't mean it, but it just happens.. and I quickly bend down to help him up. "Sorry. Got a bit lost in my daydream."

"What was it about?"

You

"Nothing." I was so lame. 

"Okay... well do you have any cover ideas? The next time we go on tour, I wanna sing something different. Like have a new set list, you know?" Michael questions, playing some random chords on his Ashton guitar. 

This was my chance, kinda. "Remember the ATL album that came out last year? Dirty Work?" They nodded. "I listened to it again yesterday. I worked out the chords and stuff for 'A Daydream Away', can we try that?"

"Sure Luke, give me the chords and I'll play them like I meeeean it..." he sings, falsetto style. We laugh at his spontaneity and I get out my tiny pocket pad, which has all these chords written down scruffily. It's been with me for two years now, and I always jot down song chords for future reference. So at times like this, it can come in handy. 

We try it out and send Ash a text to study the song for our next proper band rehearsal, which is Saturday. Then the day goes past like a whir and before I know it, I'm writing on the blog again. 

[Post #2] [A Daydream Away]

Monday 11/6/12

I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You'd offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

But you're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you

Yours, 

Penguin <(")