DARKRAI & THE FOREST QUEENS

*This story will not have a title picture.*

(Third)

After Abbra had taken Jenna back to school, King Darkrai and the Forest Queens resumed their conversation while Trevenant took Zoroark and Zorua aside for some hypnosis-resistant training.

"She still does not remember, does she?" Queen Florges asked.

King Darkrai stiffened, held himself, and focused his eyes on the muddy ground. "No."

"You do realize that the spell you have placed on her mind will soon break, and she will not be happy with you or Cresselia when it does?" Queen Vespiquen added.

"I do."

"Would you please look at us when we are speaking to you, King Darkrai!"

Darkrai, with great reluctance, returned his attention to them.

"We know you had to do what you did five years ago. Otherwise, it would have put your life at grave risk."

"But," Queen Florges added, "it is time to tell her the truth. The more you put off removing that mental barrier, the more furious she is going to be at you. Do not forget that I was there when her grandmother, and namesake, had that falling out with her mother: Zora."

Darkrai was silent for so long that the Forest Queens nearly jumped out of their skins when he replied; "Once she and Cresselia have separated," his hands tightened on his arms, "I will remove the barrier. No sooner than that." he enunciated those last four words.

However, Zorua had overheard their conversation. She had just begun to look for a shadow to jump through when Meowstic stopped her.

"That is not your secret to tell, Zorua."

"But-"

"It is not your secret to tell!" Meowstic enunciated with a stern expression.

"Yes, ma'am," Zorua said dejectedly.

"Can you tell us why you still seem under the weather, King Darkrai?" Queen Vespiquen asked.

At that question, both Zorua and her brother, plus the others: Meowstic, Trevenant, and Fletchinder stopped what they were doing and moved closer to hear Darkrai's reply.

With a deep sigh, Darkrai began his explanation. "Jenna is the reason." Ignoring everyone's shock, he continued. "As long as that black marble is touching her bare skin," he hesitated a minute before continuing. "She . . . is draining my essence. My life force, if you will.

"Do not tell her." he enunciated in a regal tone that broke no argument.