I MISS YOU

*This is Darkrai and Cresselia's conversation from Part 4, Chapter 8. When Jenna was in the secret room and she placed Darkrai's hand on her mark.*

(Darkrai)

Hello, Darkrai. You don't know how much I've longed to speak to you again.

Cresselia?! My joy at finally hearing her voice after so long was overwhelming.

Why did you reject me before? I could hear the hurt in her voice as clear as crystal.

I am sorry. I told her sincerely as a wave of guilt assaulted me. After so many dreams of hearing your voice and seeing you again. I paused as I mentally cringed. I stopped responding so I could cope with your absence.

She was silent for so long that I feared she had turned away from me; so to speak. Did Meowstic and the fox siblings tell you of our plans to come to your world? she asked.

They have.

And?

And I firmly believe it is a bad idea-

'A bad idea!' she interrupted. Staying here is what's a bad idea! I know you can feel it as strongly as I can, Darkrai. Jenna's human body and mind are rapidly adapting to our powers. It's the same as before.

Yes, I agreed before confessing; I have been sensing it for months now.

So far she thinks they are what humans call adrenaline rushes, pretty soon we won't be able to separate at all. I miss having my own body. I miss flying through the sky. She paused before adding. And I miss being with you.

That last part made me blush and I looked at Jenna to see if she'd heard that, but her head was turned away and her eyes were focused on a part of the wall to my left.

Jenna can't hear us if I don't want her to, Cresselia explained.

I was silent for a minute. Cresselia, I began. I can sense that there is something you are not telling me. I felt her tension even through the mark. Please, what is it?

She sighed. You were right before.

About what?

I didn't need to fuse with her all those years ago. There was a long pause before she added; She was already dead.

What?! I exclaimed in shock.

Her breath had ceased and her heart had stopped beating when Ariados and Spinarak brought her to my mother's flowers. she quickly added.

I was still absorbing that last bit when memories of that incident had me asking; But then why did-?

I recognized her as my best friend's granddaughter. she interrupted. I couldn't save her, but I could at least save Jenna. Then she sighed again. I have been the only thing keeping her alive for all of these years and she has been keeping me well hidden from the Hell Trio for just as long.

There is still something you are still not telling me.

Another sigh. I can leave her anytime I wish.

I was stunned into silence. Then . . . why?

Her response to that question made my blood run cold. If I leave her before her mark becomes a full blue moon. She. Will. Die!