Foolish Hearts

Yerin's POV

I am feeling so excited everyday to come to school. I am not fond of studying but because of a special someone, I spent most of my school days inside the school's library. It's kinda boring but because of her, I'm willing to study hard. I love her that's why I'm loving everything about her like her studying habits.

"I am so in love with you, Choi Yuju. I hope you'd learn to love me too." I said to myself while standing outside the school gate. I am waiting for Yuju cause I want to walk with her into her class.

I know she's not ready to fall in love again but I'm willing to wait for her to open her heart again and let me in. I smiled widely and my heart started jumping like crazy when I saw Yuju walking closer to me. She will always be the most beautiful girl in my eyes.

"G-Good m-morning, Yuju."I greeted her trying to control my nervous heart. I think I'm falling in love with her almost everyday.

"Good morning too, Yerin unnie." Yuju said with a beautiful smile on her face.

"Uh...let's go inside the school now. Can I...hold your hand, Yuju? I...I just want to walk with you and act as your bodyguard for today." I said trying to hide my blushing cheeks on Yuju's sight by staring on the ground.

"Uhm...do we really have to...walk while holding each others hands, Yerin unnie? I don't think that's needed." Yuju said making me embarrassed and disappointed. She has a point. Besides, I'm not her girlfriend to walk hand in hand with her.

"Y-You're right. Forget about what I said. Let's go inside the school now, Yuju." I said then gave Yuju my infamous eye smile. She just smile weakly then entered the school ground leaving me behind.

I felt sad realizing that Yuju felt awkward with me again, maybe I scared her with my obvious love for her. I just ignored the painful feeling in my heart then followed Yuju inside. I hope Yuju will stop building her walls and just let me enter her own world. I really want to love her and make her happy forever.

-----------------------

"Yerin. Have you seen Sinb and Dahyun?"

I shook my head at Sana who asked me as we exit our classroom together. Our classes just ended and the first thing I want to do right now is to be with Yuju. I want to ask her out, just a friendly date cause I just want to be with her. Just thinking about Yuju's pretty face is making me smile unknowingly.

"I think Jung Yerin is thinking about her princess again. What's her name again? Is it Minatozaki Sana?" I heard Sana said making me came back to my senses then glared at her. She just laughed then patted my hair like I'm her puppy. "I'm just kidding, Yerin-ah. I think everyone in this school already knows about your love for the scholar named Choi Yuju. That scholar is so lucky to capture your heart and also Eunha-ssi's heart."

I felt sad when I remembered Yuju's past relationship with Eunha-ssi. Until now, I'm still wondering if Yuju finally get over Eunha-ssi. I know Sowon unnie and Eunha-ssi are starting to develop romantic relationship with each others again but I will never set aside the possibility that Yuju and Eunha-ssi might fall in love with each others once again. I heard that they are always awkward with each others inside their classroom but the thought that they are classmates and always saw each others every school days is making me more scared.

I am scared for Sowon unnie cause I know how much she loves Eunha-ssi, I don't want my bestfriend to become broken hearted again if ever Eunha-ssi and Yuju became lovers again. And most of all, I'm scared for myself cause I know Yuju only treats me as a friend of her. I'm so scared thinking that I can never win her heart over Eunha-ssi.

"Are you okay, Yerin? Why you look sad all of a sudden?" Sana asked confused. I just forced a smile on her even though my heart felt heavy because of my thoughts.

"I'm okay, Sana. I have to go now. See you tomorrow." I said then walked away from Sana. My mind is filled with thoughts of Yuju but this time, she's with Eunha-ssi in my stupid thoughts. I shook my head to clear off my thoughts then run away. I want to see Yuju, talk to her and win her heart this time. I don't care about her past relationship because what matters now is the present.

'I want to be your present and your future, Yuju. I hope you'll be mine this time.'

My excitement to see Yuju fades when I saw her walking in the hallway with Eunha-ssi on her side.They didn't notice me as they continued walking away from me. I stood frozen as I watched them walking away from me until they are both out of my sight. I felt my heart broke into pieces once more as tears keep on running down from my eyes.

End of Yerin's POV

------------------

"What's wrong, Yerin? Why you look sad?" Sowon asked when she saw Yerin walking mindlessly in the school campus. She's not used to see her bestfriend in a sad state. Yerin is always cheerful, bubbly and energetic unlike the gloomy Yerin infront of her right now.

"Is there anything wrong? Tell me about it, Yerin-ah." Sowon asked again making Yerin looked into her eyes. Sowon saw the sad look on her best friend's eyes.

"Do you think...Eunha-ssi really loves you now, Sowon unnie? Do you think she no longer had a romantic relationship with Yuju?" Yerin asked making Sowon surprised.

Sowon will admit that she's so in love with Eunha that she forgot that the latter had a relationship with Yuju before. She forgot that Eunha lied to her, did a pretense love with her just to save Yuju's scholarship and the two had a romantic relationship before behind her back. Her strong love for Eunha made her blind to see the mistakes the younger girl did to her before. Her too much love for Jung Eunha almost made her forget that the said girl is the one who broke her heart countless times.

"We are both stupid in love, Sowon unnie. We are so in love that we don't care if we both look like fools right now. We are fools for thinking that we had a chance to win our ideal girls' hearts now ignoring the possibility that ...Yuju and Eunha-ssi might fall in love with each others over and over again." Yerin said with a bitter smile on her face. Sowon didn't say any word and just hugged her bestfriend who's crying silently right now.

Sowon knows that Yerin may be right in every words she said but Sowon's foolish heart will just keep on loving Jung Eunha no matter what.

That's her reality. Staying in love with Jung Eunha will always be Kim Sojung's reality.

-----------------

A/N: So sad for Unnie line. 🙁 But anyways, let's keep on supporting GFriend members in their new journeys and trust them. Buddies, Fighting.😘