The Star Student

Sowon's POV

The school days finally started and nothing's changed in this High School I am currently studying at. The students' lives are still controlled by the school's queenbee named Sinb. She will mess with every student she wants inside this school, students here can always be her toy. She can bully anyone she wants and everyone in this school is afraid of her cause she's the queenbee and her father owns this school. No wonder why no students nor school staffs ever reported her in the management cause even if they try, they can't get enough evidences to defame the school's queenbee.

"Why did you join her group, Yerin-ah?" I asked my bestfriend Yerin while we're eating on the school's canteen. Until now, I can't understand why my friend decided to befriend that mean queenbee.

"Sowon unnie, Sinb just looks immature and a spoiled brat but once you became her friend, you will know how kind she is. She is cold outside but warm inside." Yerin said defending her friend.

It was last year ago when Yerin joined the school's dance club where in she became friends with Sinb. Since then, Yerin became part of Sinb's group of 'loyal friends' and she became popular in this school since then.

"Really? I thought you just be friend her for popularity." I said making Yerin choked on her drink. I patted her back soft until she stopped coughing and became comfortable again.

"Lower down your voice, Sowon unnie. Someone might overheard us and report to Sinb. I don't want to look bad to her and be the victim of her bullying games." Yerin said in her hushed voice.

Yerin is right. If a student here mess with Sinb, he or she will surely be the next victim of her bullying games. Sinb can command every student here to bully anyone she will tell, even those popular students here are not excused.

"But honestly...it was my plan at first. I am not smart like you to be a star student in this school and I'm not popular either until I met Sinb and became her friend but...I'm surprised when I knew her other side. She's really kind and she cares to people important to her. I'm happy to be Sinb's true friend and most of all, as your best friend, Sowon unnie." Yerin said making me nodded and smiled at her.

I am not popular in this school because of my looks, I was even called school's geek and nerd but because I am smart and always the school's representative for academical competitions, a lot of people here knows me. I don't care about popularity, all I want is to finishe studying here with high grades and won't ever become the victim of the queenbee's bullying games. Good thing Yerin and I are now in our senior year, we only have one school year left to survive the queenbee's school.

----------------------------------------

I am sitting on my table typing the proposal for our Student Council project. I am the president of the school's Student council. Yuju, a scholar, is my vice president and Yerin is the secretary.

"Are you done, Sowon unnie?" Yerin asked. She looks bored sitting on the other side of the long-connected tables.

Every members of the council are inside the office sitting on each side of long-connected tables a while ago while I am sitting on the center table. The meeting is already adjourned and the only people left inside is me, Yerin and Yuju.

"Do you want to go home now, Yerin unnie? It's unfair if we will leave our busy president alone." Yuju said smiling at Yerin.

Yerin is sitting on the right side of me while Yuju is on the left. I smiled then clicked the save button in my laptop's word app.

"No need to worry cause I am done now, ladies. We can all go home now." I said smiling at them.

Yerin cheered and clapped her hands like a child making Yuju laughed at her childishness. Yerin is my bestfriend that's why I'm already used in her 'normal' state.

"Let's go eat somewhere, Sowon unnie. Yuju, join us." Yerin said as we all stood up. I looked at Yuju and saw her smiling as she shook her head.

"I'm sorry if I can't join you, guys. I already promised my bestfriend Eunha that we will eat together after class. I'm sure she's waiting for me now." Yuju said with a smile.

My heart started beating triple fast as I heard Eunha-ssi's name. She's the Editor in Chief of our school's newspaper and she's the only one who can steal the queenbee's crown to that spoiled brat named Sinb if only she will try but she doesn't care about that title. She's my long time crush but I never got the chance to talk to her. She's in the same class with Yuju and they are close friends. Sometimes, I want to ask the help of Yuju to become close to Eunha-ssi but I am too shy to face my crush. I am happy enough to stare at her beautiful face whenever I saw her on the campus but honestly, I am dreaming that one day, I can finally confess my special feelings for her. But it will only just a dream cause she's the school's ideal girlfriend. Everyone here admired her charming personality and good looks. There's no way that she can like a dork, geek and nerd like me.

"Really? Then tell Eunha-ssi to join us next time we will eat somewhere. Me and esp. Sowon unnie really wants to be her friend."

I heard Yerin said and I looked at her nervously. She is smiling as while looking at me. She knows that Eunha-ssi is my long time crush.

"Okay, I will tell her that. I have to go now, bye!" Yuju said as she picked up her things and headed to the door. We all waved goodbyes to each other until Yuju is now out of our sights.

"Sowon-ah, why are you always wasting time? You can always tell Yuju about your feelings to Eunha-ssi and maybe she can help you." Yerin said looking at me.

I sighed then looked down the floor. As much as I want to do that, I'm afraid that Eunha-ssi will never like me back cause I have a feeling that she has a special feelings for Yuju. Whenever I saw them together inside the school, I can't help but noticed the special stares and smiles Eunha-ssi will always give to Yuju. I don't know if they are just bestfriends or more than that. I'm afraid to ask cause I'm afraid to get hurt.

"Thanks for caring, Yerin. But... we really need to go home now. Let's go now, Yerin." I said then walked out of the office leaving Yerin shouting my name and running closer to me.

I smiled as I think about Eunha-ssi once again. She's one of the reasons why I decided to stay in this school. I am happy enough for loving her secretly but I will be the most luckiest girl if she will be mine someday. If only it will happen in reality, not just in my own dreams.

End of Sowon's POV

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hi guys! If you are an active reader of griend fics in AFF, maybe this fic is familiar to you. I'm planning to write a sequel about this fic here in wattpad so might as well share this to you now. Thanks for reading. Leave a feedback, chingus. 😉