69

Y/N POV 

"You're worthless. I knew we should have gotten rid of her when we first found out you were pregnant." My father shouted at me. 

Why would he say that? 

It hurt. 

"You're never going to be good enough for this company. You don't have the strength to do it at all. How can we trust you with it? I knew we should have tried for a son." He shouted again. 

"I don't even know why we tried with you. We knew from the beginning that you were going to be a disappointment." He shouted once more. 

Disappointment? 

I've done everything they've wanted me to do. 

"But father, I've followed everything you have said. I even married Levi cause you wanted me to." I said back to him, basically sounding as if I was pleading for his approval.

"And you think that is good enough? That still doesn't change the fact that you can't carry this company Y/N, and it doesn't even seem like you can carry your own marriage either." 

No that's not true. 

I'm good enough. 

Right? 

RIGHT? 

No no I'm good enough. 

I do things that are beneficial. 

"But everything I've done, I've-" 

"Again it isn't good enough Y/N! Nothing you have ever done was good enough to begin with. I don't know why I still call you my daughter. You've never done anything right." He said looking at me with such malice. 

He doesn't mean that. 

He still cares about me. 

Right? 

RIGHT? 

I've done things that are good enough. 

I've made him happy with the things I've done before right? 

"You're mother should have never stopped you from running away that night, maybe then I'd be happy you're out of my life."

He doesn't mean that. 

He is just mad about something. 

He still sees me as his little girl. 

I do everything he says. 

He's not trying to hurt me. 

He's just trying to toughen me up. 

"You wouldn't amount to anything if it wasn't for our guidance Y/N. You'd be lost without us holding your hand through life... but even then you've failed us. We provided everything and you still aren't what we hoped you would be." He shouted. 

When did I fail them? 

I did everything they had asked of me.

I went to the high school they chose for me. 

Did the activities they chose for me.

Stopped hanging around the people they disapproved of.