chapter forty-six: on cloud 9

"on cloud 9"

"on cloud 9"

tw: smut

historia's ranch

"a panic attack?"

"yeah," mikasa responded, her eyes progressing back and forth between you and her cousin, her voice dropping to a whisper."she was mumbling stuff like 'it's him, 'i need to get out of here.' we tried to calm her down, but she just kept screaming."

"i see."

levi skimmed in your direction, a concerned expression engraved on his face as he stood beside mikasa in the foyer.

"i think she was hallucinating..."

after your episode subsided, you were gently escorted to the living room where your friends gathered around you, waiting anxiously until levi arrived to take you home.

"i'm so sorry," you croaked, clutching a fistful of your hair."i don't know what got into me..."

ymir squatting beside you, placed a comforting hand on your thigh."don't worry about it. just go home and get some rest."

you managed a weak smile in gratitude but when the ackermans concluded their conversation and approached, you speedily rose up.

"give me that." levi reached for your clutch, taking it from your trembling hands with a sigh. he scoffed, but the teasing lilt in his voice betrayed the underlying care."it's not a good idea to scream in the middle of the night, idiot. let's go."

but his small, almost imperceptible smile did little ease the guilt in your gut. despite his attempt to lighten the mood, you couldn't help but feel awful for what had happened.

"i'm sorry...," you mumbled, unable to meet his regard.

levi paused for a moment, then placed his hand gently on the top of your head.

"it's okay, princess..."

levi's apartment

the chaos at historia's place had left no room for anything, not even food. your belly growled softly, a reminder of the night's forgotten meal. levi, however, didn't forget. he ordered chinese takeaway, which arrived just as you reached his flat.