The Prince and The Soldier pt 4

Things are about to get interestinggggg!!! And long! Yayy.

Five months into Samuel's stay at the Palace, the spring turned to summer, him and James were getting closer as friends. Since James was his guard he slept on the room across the hall. They talked constantly and shared small secrets with each other in the garden, walking down the halls, when they ate together, all day in each others presence. Smiling Laughing from dusk till dawn.

One night, Sam was preparing himself for bed, he unbuttoned his deep red tail coat that went down to his thighs and tossed it to the ground, he removed his heeled shoes among other pieces of clothing until he was in a white long sleeved shirt and black dress pants.

He sat in front of the mirror on his dressing table, the room being dimly lit by candles, the strings of his shirt undone, making his chest half exposed to his reflection.

He began his skin care routine, rubbing oils and creams onto his face, lips and hands, he was almost done when he heard a voice speak to him "I feel like I shouldn't be seeing you like this" Sam turned to the right with a start towards the door where James sat learning against the frame in his own white shirt and black pants with a simple sword holster around his waist, Sam chuckled with his hand on his heart, checking if he was still alive.

"What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Sam asked the brunette who cocked an eyebrow "shouldn't you be?" "I was actually just about to go to bed until you came in" the two bantered, laughing at each others comebacks, "well, would you like me to tuck you in, My Prince?" James walked towards Sam still sitting in his chair.

The Knight reached out his hand and caressed the Princes left cheek, he stared into James' gray-blue eyes and nodded before he shifted around behind Sam. James glided his hand down and under Sam's chin, leaving chills on his Princes skin before using his other hand to caress Sam's jaw.

Sam looked in the mirror while James leaned down from behind him and began kissing his neck, brushing his lips against Sams skin, sucking at it, lapping with his tongue. Sam gasped and lifted his arm to run his fingers through James' hair, his leaned his head to the left to give James more room, he relished in the feeling of James kissing his neck and his hand running along his exposed chest, he absolutely loved it.

Sam felt James move to lift him from the chair bridal style into his strong arms, the pair kissed with pure hunger, want and need. Sam could feel the light fade to black as James made the way to the bed-

-Samuel's eyes opened, the room was dark apart from the moonlight shining through the thin curtains, dammit the Prince scolded himself, it was another dream. The third time he thought about James in such a way, he was his friend, they were professionals, nothing more. Full stop. The end.

Oh god but why do I keep fantasizing about how he would feel against my skin? Why do I long for him to hold me in these ways?

The truth was, he liked James, ever since he'd met him he had feelings for him, he wished to be close to him, for James to be with him, to hold him, to love him all the time.

~°~°~°~°~°~

The dreams made Samuel feel awkward around James, the knight noticed this, "are you alright, My Prince?" He asked, Samuel bit his lip, recalling the name from his dreams, his heart thumped fast in his chest, trying to come up with a believable lie. "I uh- I'm- I'm just tired, is all. Don't worry James"

James nodded, a hint of doubt on his face but he didn't voice whatever he was thinking, "shall we go on a walk?" Sam asked, hoping it would kill the awkward tension, James agreed and so they made their way out of the palace.