fight the monsters

Sam woke up to the sound of a thud from the other side of the apartment, he shot up in bed to realize his boyfriend was not beside him. Oh no, Bucky the broad man thought as he pulled the blankets off him and speed walked to the living room, not wanting to scare the brunette.

He turned the corner to the living room, to find Bucky in a ball on the floor. Shaking and panting heavily, he moved closer, inch by inch, he was about a meter away from his boyfriend so he tried to get his attention "Jamie, can you hear me?" Bucky quivered before nodding his head, "do you know who I am?" Bucky nodded again "you're Sam, my boyfriend".

The brown-eyed man let out a sigh of relief before inching closer to the man he loved, "can I touch you?" Bucky looked at Sam and slowly nodded ounce more, and with that Sam wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and pulled him into his body.

Bucky clung to Sam like a lifeline, he grabbed a fist of his boyfriends shirt, so scared due to the nightmare. "Sammy, it- it was-" "shhhhhh shhhhh don't put yourself through that, okay? I'm here, you're safe. No one can hurt you, I won't let that happen. I promise" he whispered softly in his boyfriends ear.

He carried Bucky back to bed, he pulled the covers over them and pulled Bucky closer than he thought possible. Sam watched as his Jamie slowly fell back asleep, and after a while he followed suit.

Bucky heard a groan, he opened his eyes and noticed it was Sam. His head turned and he breathed out, Bucky moved quickly to rub his boyfriends back and calm him, "its okay, Sam. I'm here for you, we'll fight the monsters together" it worked after about a minute of repeating his actions and they both drifted off into peaceful slumber in eachothers arms.