24. The flawed old man

Jisung was tired from walking so much. Night was cold and surely the exhaustion of spending hours in road was hard to deny as his aching body reminded him being tired once in a while. Despite how nervous Jisung was for meeting Jaemin's grandparents after minutes, it was quite unbelievable how little boy couldn't wait anymore to just reach their house and have a bedroom to sleep in.

Just like what Jaemin told him before, the house is a bit far from the town itself. Most likely to be located at the farming fields.

That is why now both of the two are walking in such inclined quiet alley towards the much little houses as the whole shops and stores are left behind them.

"There we are!"

Finally what words Jisung wanted to hear as Jaemin said them with such excited tune while draggining a suitcase and speeding up.

As the two kept walking, little boy could see that their route is upon such a big house.

Just like every house built in that town, Jisung could see one large house with traditional roof tiles, a rock wall built around it, a little wooden gate and fresh bush everywhere. Surely the grandparents of his friend were a rich couple in this town to see how big the house is.

Finally both of them stopped in front of the wooden gate. Jisung took a deep breathe; his body was cold, his eyes were sore and his feet were aching. Little boy let out a soft yawn as he stepped back and sat on the rocky stair beside the gate as he got a hold of his suitcase while sitting.

Meanwhile Jaemin stood close to the gate as he knocked on it a few times. How loud he knocked on that wooden door made Jisung to flinch as he looked around nervously.

"Grandpa! It's me Jaemin! Are you guys sleep?"

Again Jisung looked around, half of the houses in that alley were out of lights as they were sure asleep. So little boy had the fear over how many people are going to wake up because of how much of a choas Jaemin is making at the midnight.

Jisung sighed. "Just ring the bell or use your keys hyung"

Jaemin looked at Jisung. "No way, I want to make them excited"

Jisung rolled his eyes. "More like giving them a heart attack and harass the neighbourhood"

Without any attention towards Jisung's sayings, all of a sudden Jaemin stepped back to approach the wall. The rocky wall had not much of a height as it seemed just a bit taller than the boy. Out of nowhere Jaemin decided to just jump and grab a hold of the edge of the wall as Jisung stared at him with widened eyes. Meanwhile the older managed to place his feet in suitable curves of the wall as he climbed it quickly. Jaemin was watching through the yard.

"Hm, the lights are on" He said.

Without passing a second, Jaemin jumped down as he went back to his previous place.

"Granny! Grandpa!" He called again.

Jisung sighed again. "With that attitude of yours, I doubt if they let us in"

Jaemin grinned happily as he stared at Jisung.

"No worries! They are the sweetest people that you can ever meet"

"We are awake you idiot!!! Just wait a bit will ya?! Shut your mouth, want the neighbors to wake up?!"

All of a sudden one deep voice of a man shouting from the yard made both of the two to jump and look at each other with widen eyes.

That must be Jaemin's grandfather.

To see the blank expression of Jisung, suddenly Jaemin laughed.