Prologue

_________________________________________________________________________

Dakota is what you would call a very ordinary guy.

His childhood was normal, he was born between the married couple Misaki and Takai. They were classic high school sweethearts, who married after college. On April 16 a beautiful baby boy named Dakota Katagiri was born in an ordinary hospital, he was an adorable baby who smiled more than he cried.

They loved him very much and wished him to become the best person he could.

They had a bond like no other, Dakota told his parents everything, as a cute little kid, all the way to an adult. He and his parents would go on many family trips. Dakotas favorite being camping, he loved nature a lot. He would always beg his mom to take him to the park every day after preschool.

She always obliged because she could never say no to her adorable son.
_______________________________________________________________________
As Dakota went into middle school his life suddenly changed and....finally something made him different from everyone else. Dakota developed a crush on not only the nicest girl in school but also the sweet male class president. This was a surprise to Dakota, he never thought he'd crush on two people at once!

Dakota was supposed to be an ordinary person in middle school, although he didn't have any friends. He had people he talked to at lunch but they weren't friends. He was always in the back of the class, and people barely remembered he was there.

So, he wasn't as ordinary as he thought.

He feared no one would like him anymore because he was different, so he didn't say anything, and he buried his feelings towards his two crushes.

Of course, Dakota could never keep a secret from his parents so when he told them about his feelings, they both hugged him and told him they loved him no matter what, and that helped Dakota accept himself more.

His mother forbade him from dating after he told her how he felt, she told him he was too young to be thinking about dating. Which didn't make Dakota feel bad because he already only focused on school, and the only school, he was a very forgettable person because of how ordinary he was. He was certain that his two crushes didn't even know he existed nor remember talking to him.

In school, Dakota sat next to the window in class in the back and ate lunch every day by himself. He didn't mind though, he kind of enjoyed the loneliness. Or he was just so used to it because he didn't know anything else but loneliness.

This is how his basic and ordinary life went for the next 13 years.
____________________________________________________________________

In high school Dakota was seen as the outcast to a lot of people, he didn't interact with anyone and was always by himself. Although Dakota was oblivious to everyone's feelings, he just continued living his ordinary life.

 Although Dakota was oblivious to everyone's feelings, he just continued living his ordinary life