Chapter 28

Time Skip

Time Skip

They'd been walking for hours—or at least Yuki and Freya had.

Dakota sat comfortably on Crimson.

He didn't mind at first, but the journey was much longer than he recalled. He was concerned since he was the only one on Crimson. He'd asked if they could take turns riding, but Freya replied no and that Crimson would kill anyone who tried to ride him who wasn't Freya or Dakota.

So, Dakota was stranded on Crimson—it was fine now, because he could now see the familiar path.

"I see the path!" He exclaimed.

"This will take us to the road!" He grins and points forward.

Freya, who was walking slightly ahead of them, nods slightly and goes towards the route.

"Have you devised a plan for— you know what?" She asks, indicating Freya with her thumb.

Dakota stole a peek at Freya; she wasn't far away, so he couldn't tell Yuki about his escape plan right now. As a result, he shook his head and said, "Not right now, I'll tell you later." He mumbles.

She gives a nod.

Dakota could see the road between the trees after a few minutes. His heartbeat quickened slightly.

"Freya! We have to stop." He says.

Crimson and her both come to a complete halt. She turns around and approaches him.

"What is it?" She inquires.

"Uh, as I previously stated, humans are unaware of the existence of magic or dragons—this also applies to blazing, massive horses. As a result, we'll have to walk from here." He informs her.

Freya nods and extends a hand in acknowledgment.

Dakota reaches out and grabs her hand, throwing his leg over and sliding down from Crimson. His feet strike the earth, but he stumbles and collides against Freya.

He lingers in her arms for far too long, hypnotized by the warmth—but a friendly reminder of the wet fantasy he had caused Dakota to swiftly recover and back up slightly, stuttering out a small, "S-sorry."

She comforts him by patting his head.

She then turns to face Crimson and says something in hushed tones.

Suddenly, he leaps to his hind legs, neighing loudly, before bursting into flames and vanishes from their sight.

Yuki stepped up next to him, looking in wonder at where Crimson had been.

"I never thought I'd see a familiar in my life, let alone one like that."

"My father is going to blow up when he sees her."