Chapter 52

Dakota groans

Dakota groans.

He couldn't see anything, probably cause his eyes were closed. He couldn't find it in himself to open them.

Why would he?

He was engulfed in warmth. Everything crucial from before seemed trivial now.

He could stay like this forever.

However, he still slowly and lazily peaked an eye open. He saw Freya's beautiful face, her eyes were closed, and she was breathing steadily.

She was sleeping. Dakota couldn't stop his goofy smile.

He watched as she slowly opened them.

Dakota could never get used to how gorgeous her eyes were. "Good morning." He greets, his voice slightly hoarse.

Thinking back on what they did yesterday, Dakota wasn't entirely sure when they stopped having sex. They just kept going; he probably passed out at some point.

"Good morning, love." She replies, leaning down and pecking him on the cheek.

Dakota couldn't feel the earlier feelings of heat around his body. "I-is the heat gone?"

Freya shrugged, "This is your first heat; it might come back."

He nods in response. He gets up from her arms and stretches. He surveys their room, unsure how to feel about returning home.

"U-um." He starts, sitting cross-legged on the covers.

"I guess we should talk." He says, looking almost everywhere but those enticing eyes.

Freya nods, "We can talk after breakfast." The door suddenly opens, making Dakota's head snap to it. In comes a floating tray of food.

It makes its way to the bed, sitting down on it. On the tray were waffles, eggs, bacon, sausages, and hash browns.

Dakota's mouth salivated at the meal in front of him.

"Eat up, kitten; it's all for you." She tells him.

Another part of his brain wanted to say this was way too much. However, his stomach said otherwise and begged for food; he hadn't eaten in a while.

So, he dug in.

♥♥♥

It took a bit for Dakota to finish his food. He wasn't stalling; he just wanted to savor each bite. Once the plate was empty, Freya flicked a finger and it flew to the nightstand.

Dakota gulped, readying himself for the inevitable.

"Why did you run, Dakota." She asks bluntly.

He'd known she'd get right to the point. Plus, she used his name, not her pet name. He liked hearing her say his name, but the pet names were unique. Dakota fiddled with his fingers.