Chapter 49

The ball of flames hit him, and Dakota felt no pain

The ball of flames hit him, and Dakota felt no pain. The flames dance around Dakota's body. He feels a warm sensation fill him all over, as the flames seem to cuddle him like a blanket. A wave of relief filled him as he relaxed. All worries and fears faded as he could focus on nothing but this feeling of safety.

Dakota suddenly moans as strong arms wrap around him and pull him up. His whole body shivers in pleasure as the familiar scent fills his nose. He looks up through fluttering lashes as he sees what he's been wanting all along.

"Freya!" He shouts, jumping further into her arms. Hugging her tightly, his thoughts felt scrambled but all he could do was apologize, as tears streamed down his face.

"I-im so sorry! I- should've never- I'm so s-stupid!" He sobs, barely finishing his sentences.

"Pl-please, forgive me! I won't ever try to leave again."

Dakota didn't even know if his words had meaning. He'd lied to her big time, but this time, she must realize he was serious. Taking his chin in her hand, she lifts it so he looks up into her eyes... Almost gasping at her new appearance, she looked even more gorgeous now.

"I know you won't little one. After your punishment, I will lock you away forever. I will bury myself in you every day until I am alI you can think of." She purrs, squeezing him closer.

Instead of feeling embaressed, Dakota felt longing. He didn't want anything but her, thats all he cared about. "Yes," He whispers, leaning closer and closing his eyes.

However, their moment didn't last long. As Dakota opened his eyes, his pupils grew bigger.

"Freya look out!" Dakota shouts, trying to push her out of the way but she didn't budge!

Freya looks up to see a barrage of swords and weapons heading their way! Dakota screamed and closed his eyes as they came rushing down, hugging Freya. He feels himself hitting the ground softly and— then nothing.

Dakota slowly opened his eyes and choked.

Despite the dozens of swords, arrows, and weapons impaling her, Freya stood on top of him. His clothes were soaked in Freya's blood as was his face.

She stared down at him as Dakota started crying. "No no no, this can't be happening." Dread filled his entire core thinking Freya would die.

A small reassuring smile makes its way to Freya's face, calming him a little bit. She pulls her arm from a sword.

 She pulls her arm from a sword