Chapter 9

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Freya sat on a wooden chair next to the giant bed watching her mate sleep. She had a book in hand and was reading it. Freya also collected many rare books for her hoard as well.

She would have to show her mate her hoard someday.

She looks up to him sleeping peacefully. She then realizes she does not know her mate's name... Freya scolds herself for not finding it out.

She wanted to know everything about him... Although Freya could easily use a spell to read through his entire memories, and even read his mind. She didn't need to do that though, after they complete the bond it would do that for her. Her mate would know everything about her, and she would know everything about him.

There were no secrets with mates.

At the moment Freya was having a little trouble understanding how humans work... She never understood their meanings and logic... But since her mate was one of them... She needed to learn how they work.

So in her lap laid a book titled: "A Guide To Human Behavior"

It was a little confusing, it was written by a legendary writer named Charles Rorder, he was a changeling. Humans did so many weird things like lying. There was no logical reason behind it. Another thing she read was some humans willingly go into danger? It was called bravery but Freya just saw it as suicidal.

Humans were the most fragile creatures on the planet, why would they willingly put themselves in danger. Knowing they have no type of defense to protect themselves. She sighs softly and closes the book. She'd been reading for 46 hours, but that wasn't the issue. Her not understanding was the issue. Freya was not used to not knowing something. She thought learning about the human mind would be easy and it would help her understand more about her mate.

But she's only left with more questions. Perhaps her mate will assist her.

She wanted to make her mate happy, and although she was able to pleasure him yesterday, his fainting was bothering her... Why did he do it?

Was it because she was bigger than he was? She did read that males were usually taller than Females. Maybe he was not used to it? Or was it because of her anger? Freya didn't mean to get angry that day... It's just when her mate told her what camp meant she couldn't stop herself... Her mate would play no part in a war! Her mate would stay here safe and sound with her!

During that, she released pheromones without thinking. It was an intense and dominant pressure and it would've made any human or creature fall to their knees. Only her mate would be able to calm her... only they could withstand her pheromones. And Dakota had calmed her down. Using his own pheromones, that smelled divine. Her eyes glowed as she remembers him snuggling into her neck like a little hatchling trying to calm her...

Pheromones could be used and controlled by only the powerful. Her mate could withstand her pheromones but he wasn't immune to it. She could use her pheromones to make him submit absolutely. Giving himself up to her entirely, but she saw no need for that. She would only use her pheromones to show him who he belongs to...

Her mate moans in his sleep and his cute nose wiggles. Freya didn't understand how Potens Draco could bless her with something so perfect and adorable.

She sees her mate push himself upright into the bed. He groans, "What a strange dream."

He then looks up and turns his head to Freya who stares back. "Good morning mate." She greets.

Her mate groans again, "Fuck.." He puts his head in his hands. "Please let me still be dreaming." He pinches his arm and hisses in pain.

Freya snarls in her seat and her mate jumps in surprise.