Chapter 14

A.N. Hiya!! I'm back! My brain cells have returned. They're a little drunk but they function enough for me to start writing. Also isn't Dakota adorable!!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Freya stood next to a counter, bowl in one hand and whisk in another. She was currently baking. She had spent all night reading from her many books to find more recipes for her mate. Freya had a very good memory, so she was able to memorize everything she needed to know. She had made the food from the picnic all from scratch.

She enjoyed watching her mate eat her food.

She could still eat food even if she didn't need to. Freya did a lot of things she didn't need to. For example, she did not need to sleep because she had limitless energy. She only went to bed because it felt good.

As she cracked an egg into the bowl she reminisces about yesterday. It took her some time to make that place she took him... but it was all worth it. His beautiful smile and adorable laughs made everything she did worth it. She was already planning for another date, at the moment she had a book floating right next to her. It was a romance book made many years ago by a great author. She was reading it to get a better understanding of how to woo him, as the humans say.

Ignorant of the fact... that he was already in love with her.

She had already read many romance books. One book had a prince take a princess to a picnic, and another book had an emperor ask a servant girl for a dance. The way the scenes had taken place gave Freya many ideas. She was glad she decided to read that book. The blush on Dakota's face when she had french kissed him made her want to burn all his clothes off and take him right then and there.

She had no issue waiting though.... right now. She was controlling her libido. Dragons mate often and she was fighting back her instinct to mate. Freya was very powerful she could hold herself back for many centuries if needed. The only thing that would make her snap would be... her mate.

When she had decided to take him for a dance, prior to that she had no knowledge of what dancing was. Luckily she had a book about it, it was a guide to dancing, written by one of the most legendary dancers in the world. A dhampir named Violet, little was known about her besides her name. When she had created the book it was considered one of the rarest books in the world. Every dancer in the world yearned to read her book, and to obtain her secrets. Freya had found the book in a river one day... just floating. She had been out hunting that day. She liked the shiny book covering, it was real gold and she could smell its value so she took it to her hoard.

Freya simply had read the book and was able to figure it out in less than 4 minutes. Freya obtains all of her knowledge from books, she collected so many that she had a book for everything.

She had found yet another romance novel where a vampire had taken a young human woman to see the stars. Calling it his special place.. Freya decided to do the same....taking it a little too far and creating a whole world inside a room. She wanted to make something as beautiful as him...but nothing in this world was more beautiful than Dakota.

She read a book that advised opening up to a partner and in turn. The first time she considered it, Freya thought there was no point in doing this. He would know everything once they mated...but she went ahead and did it anyway. She didn't want to tell him everything.. she just answered his questions. She considered that it might not be a good idea for him to know her past as it was very long and dangerous. In contrast, Freya was violent, and strong, whereas her mate was precious, soft-hearted, and delicate. She didn't want him to experience the same things that she had.. Freya could handle it but her mate would not.