( a. summers ) prom

GENRE: fluff
WARNINGS: pls don't go off with strangers in real life.
NOTES: this is super long (9000+ words so sorry if there's errors). also it's a request from Finola4 who wanted an alex prom imagine <33 there's gonna be a part 2!! so hype that here <33

also for the sake of this imagine, alex (19/20) is 2 years older than scott (17/18). reader is 18/19. ororo is also school age. the movies fucked with their ages so . . . so can i lmao.

_______________

_______________

When your powers were first developing, you couldn't attend your first year of high school. You had to start a year later than any of the friends you'd had in middle school, and you soon felt yourself become isolated from everyone - - including your family. When they finally thought it was okay to send you to school, your started. It didn't stop a flare up almost causing you to blow up the school gym, causing you to be expelled almost immediately.

You transferred to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters in junior year, upon your parents discovering it. They spent hours pouring over phones, and doing research to help you - but you knew they were frightened of you. Neither of them were mutants, and your powers weren't expected in the slightest. Your mutation was stronger than you thought they probably liked, and you could understand why it scared them, because it scared you, too. You never wanted to hurt anyone, but you were destructive, and you didn't know how to control yourself.

Charles helped you like no one in your life ever could before. He showed you how linked your powers were to your emotions, and in turn, how to control both of them simultaneously. Despite this, you decidedly didn't use your mutation unless you explicitly had to. Charles has to respect you, and didn't push you as you made your way through your schooling career without much drama.

You avoided anything that would get you caught up in a situation that escalated, and honestly, avoided most people in general. You weren't a loner per se; but you only really spoke to your classmates when you had to - and you kept very few personal friends. It took a lot of effort to juggle keeping your feelings in cheque, getting good grades, sleeping, and socializing/having friends. Besides that: being a year older than most your classmates almost made you feel disconnected to them in some way, like there was something about you that just didn't fit into place.