( s. cassidy ) sweet dreams

GENRE: fluff, pining
WARNINGS: none
NOTES: more sean contact was requested by h_l_i_ !! i hope you liked it. sorry if there are errors i wrote most of this in one sitting 😩😩

_________

During your time at Xavier's mansion, there wasn't much structure. Charles and Erik had simply found all of you where you were, and brought you to one central point. You trained with both of them individually to hone your powers, but it didn't ever constitute a schedule or long hours.

You found yourself more often than not meandering through the long hallways and exploring the rooms you found. Usually you'd tuck yourself away in a far corner and read by the natural sunlight - it was always bright inside because almost every wall was covered with large sash windows. You'd sometimes sit on their sill, engrossed in what you spent most of your free time doing.

That night, it was raining hard. It had been all day, so you were relegated to the main lounging area that had the fire place, which you had tended to since morning. The embers were now dying, and you were weighing the thought of staying up and adding another log, or letting it burn up. The TV was on, but it was playing a show you didn't know the name of; but it was okay, because you weren't really paying any attention to it.

Usually someone would be up with you, but you were sure they were either asleep on account of the weather, or spending time alone. You quite liked the quiet by yourself, listening to the crackling of the hearth as you pulled one of Charles' throw blanket over you haphazardly.

You could hear the front door open, as it echoed through the large empty halls. Then it slammed shut equally as raucously due to the wind, making you curl into yourself at the thought of the cold. You whipped your head around to look at the sky through window, seeing the trees in the garden wailing, and fat drops of water hitting the glass panes.

Just as you were starting to feel bad for whoever was caught in it, the door to the lounge swung open. You couldn't see much due to the main lights being off - a figure strode in, dumping their big winter coat on one of the many armchairs near the fireplace. They didn't seem to notice you toward the back, untying their scarf as they stood near the flames, sighing at the sudden warmth they were receiving. They discarded the item by their jacket, reaching their hands out to share in on the heat.

Finally, due to the light on their face and their height, you recognized it to be Sean; the glow of the fire making his red hair seem even warmer than before. You didn't even know that he had gone out, let alone somewhere until this late in the evening.

Seemingly finally noticing that the small television set in the corner was on, he peered around the dark room to see you, legs up on the couch as you rested against a throw pillow. His lips immediately tilted up into a small smile.

Despite yourself, you felt your heart flutter. You weren't sure why, but you weren't in the space to question it as his gentle eyes continued to watch you in your place.

"Hey," He greeted slightly, voice soft due to the fact that the entire mansion was quiet besides the groans of the old wood settling, and the storm outside. You'd always loved the sound of his voice, and hearing it after a long day was oddly comforting.

"Hey, Sean," You replied, mirroring his expression because you simply couldn't help it, "Where the Hell were you?"

He shook his head, as if you bringing it up was already making him stressed, "Long story . . ." Sean told you, before adding belatedly, "I thought someone had something I was looking for. They didn't."