( j. grey ) realizations

GENRE: fluff ! + slight angst
WARNINGS: slightly possessive jean
NOTES: i love women omg <33 @sav0ry requested a Jean gxg imagine i hope u like it love!! it's basically about jean falling for a girl for the first time and it's been in my drafts forever.

__________

__________

Jean could see from the first day that you stepped foot into Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, that you'd make a huge splash

Jean could see from the first day that you stepped foot into Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, that you'd make a huge splash. And she was right - given that you could control water, and the fact that the entire student body seemed infatuated with you.

You were stunning - breath-taking, even - but you always acted earnest, and kind. There was something about you that was so easy to talk to, with a twinkle in your eye and a comforting smile. It was difficult to not feel content when you were around.

Unlike you, Jean could hear everyone's thoughts.

The leering from the boys, and the rushed thoughts of girls hoping you weren't straight. And them thinking about how beautiful you were, how they'd work up the courage to ask you out, or even just say 'hello'.

The thoughts only grew louder the longer you stuck around, particularly when you and her became close - they were always there to greet her whenever someone else was around.

Jean was lucky enough to become your friend in the first few weeks, hanging out with you daily. You made her feel really good, and she couldn't help how much she smiled around you (not to mention the fuzzy feeling she always had in the chest when you were there).

And it took her a while to figure out, but she eventually did.

Jean first realized it in class.

You were distracted, barely paying attention to your teacher as they told the class about their lesson for the day. You absently tapped your pencil to your cheek, seemingly in though. Then your lips wrapped against the eraser, chewing on it absent-mindedly.