( s. summers ) your eyes

GENRE: fluff ! + extremely mild angst (blink and you'll miss it)
WARNINGS: none
NOTES: none

GENRE: fluff ! + extremely mild angst (blink and you'll miss it)WARNINGS: noneNOTES: none

__________

You placed your hands gently on either side of his face, like you'd done so many times before. Except, this time you concentrated harder, closing your eyes as you channeled your powers.

Scott felt his breath hitch at how close you were. Even after you establishing that you liked him too, he couldn't really handle himself around you. He still got flustered and blushed, and got these ridiculous butterflies in his stomach.

When your eyes fluttered open, he was still staring at you with his lips parted slightly.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" You asked with a radiant smile.

"Oh, I dunno." Scott mumbled sarcastically. "Maybe because I love you." He added, bringing his hands up to your cheeks, leaving a tender kiss on your lips.

When you pulled away, you were grinning like an idiot, and so was he. "Love you too." You whispered. "You can take your glasses off now, you know?"

"You sure?" He asked worriedly. "I don't really feel any different."

You gave him a reassuring look, one of your hands coming up to rest on his neck, and the other on his broad shoulder. "I'm sure." You promised.

Scott took a deep breath in. He knew that your powers worked - and they worked well. He knew that you'd just taken his mutation away for a while.

But that didn't change his anxieties about it not working. What if he took his shades off and killed you? He fell asleep every night on the thought of never wanting to hurt you, and hating himself if he ever did.

And one might ask: why doesn't he just look off at the gardens surrounding you from where you sat - before he looked at you? Well, Scott wanted his first view of a non-red world since last year to be of you - the girl he'd fallen for. He wanted to see the colour that your eyes really were, and your skin without that odd tint. He wanted to know the colour of the hair he'd played with so many times before. He wanted the first thing to be you. You'd been his first in so many other ways, that it only seemed right.

"Here." You moved from your space in front of him, and straddled his lap, getting close to him as he held you in place with his strong hands on your hips. You place your fingers on his glasses, and you could feel his fast breathing against your own chest.

"Calm down, Scotty." You told him in that demanding yet caring tone that he'd come to know and love so much.

"I-I know." He whispered, moving a strand of hair from your face, his other hand still gripping you gently.

"You ready?" You enquired, and watched as he nodded, holding his breath. You began to move his glasses off of his face, but he made you pause by grabbing your one arm slightly.

"How long will it last?" He asked.

"Probably an hour or so." You admitted, and he nodded, swallowing.

You finally took his red quartz glasses off, and looked on as he blinked uncomfortably, removing his hands from you so that he could rub his eyes. Then he looked up at you almost immediately, a relieved and elated sigh escaping his lips.

Your eyes were the most beautiful colour he'd ever seen. He could probably look at them for an entire lifetime... no, an eternity. He simply bathed in your beauty as you smiled at him.

His hands reached up to feel the side of your face, watching the subtle pink colour of a blush fill your cheeks that he wouldn't have been able to see before.

"Wow. You're even more beautiful now." He admitted breathlessly, his eyes not moving from being fixed on you, studying every inch of your body before his mutation came back.

You leaned into his touch, your body filling with warmth for the boy in front of you.

If you were being honest, all you could pay attention to were Scott's deep chestnut eyes. It was the first time you'd gotten to see their actual colour, and you weren't disappointed. No, they were so decidedly Scott.

"Your eyes." You let out in a whisper, fingers tracing the curve of his jawline, moving up to his plump lips. "They're so pretty."

It was his turn to blush now. His eyes flickered down at the green grass instead of looking at you, but you tilted his chin up with your hand, wanting to see his eyes again.

They locked with yours, and his lips spread into a pure little smile, making your heart flutter inside your chest. "Thanks." He said, before his smile faltered a bit, and he asked something: "Is it difficult?"

"Is what difficult?" You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"Does it take a toll on you? Removing my powers." He reiterated, his brown eyes searching yours intently, then looking over the changes in your face.

"Of course, Scotty." You replied as if it was obvious.

He let out a long sigh, not having the ability to look at you directly again, his head resting in his hands. "Dammit." He mumbled.

"What's wrong, Summers?" You moved your hands to wrap around his neck, fingers running through the hair at the nape of his neck in worry.

"I shouldn't have asked." He admitted. "It was stupid and selfish. You shouldn't exert yourself just so that I can try and feel normal again." He explained, peering up at you through thick black eyelashes. Your heart began to beat faster.

"Don't be like this. I wanted to see your eyes. You wanted to see the world without the redness. It's understandable. And sure, in a way it's selfish - but it's a good kind of selfish." You informed him, fingers now moving to run through all of his hair, and you leaned in to press an adoring and deep kiss to his lips.

He, naturally, kissed back, his hands tentatively being placed on your cheeks.

When you pulled away, he still looked upset.

"All of us want to feel normal sometimes, Scotty - but for you it's different. I'd miss colours too, if I were you. I'm glad I could give them back to you, if only for a short while." You leaned in, pressing another loving kiss to him, this time on his forehead to try and convey that it's all okay.

He sighed, wondering how he ever got lucky enough to get a girl like you. "I love you, (Y/n). I really do."

"I love you too."