( a. summers ) my girl

GENRE: fluff, fake dating
WARNINGS: slight sexual themes (making out lmao), slight harassment
NOTES: iloveoctaviablake lcary65 both requested alex x reader and honestly same. he was very much one of the first characters i fell in love with. i'm also working on another one! idk what this is pls accept it i love alex so much.

- bella

____________

"Alex, I need your help

"Alex, I need your help." You admitted to him, biting your lip gently as your waited for his reply.

He furrowed his eyebrows at your nervous expression, taking both of your hands in his, and squeezing them lightly to reassure you. "Whatever it is, I'll do it."

You chuckled at your best friend. That was so him, to jump at any opportunity to help you out. God, you were so grateful for him. "You haven't even heard what it is yet."

"I don't care what it is," Alex rolled his eyes, thinking that it was obvious before.

You took a deep breath in, eyes flickering away from him, instead looking at your conjoined hands. He tilted his head down to you, trying to capture your stare as strands of his long brown hair fell into his face. He did, his baby blues making your shoulders relax slightly. Alex always managed to make you feel a little bit better, even if he wasn't trying.

"It's John. He's been bothering me again," You admitted sheepishly, flinching before he could even reply, because you knew your friend hated him.

He groaned, retracting his hands from yours so that he could run them through his hair, pushing it back exasperatedly. "Again?"

"Yeah." You told him. "But please don't do anything irrational!" You added frantically, bracing him with your hands against his chest. "He's dangerous, and you know it, Alex."

He sighed, and you felt the way his chest fell. He took your wrists in his hands, moving you away from him in the hopes that you couldn't feel the way his heart beat faster when you touched him. When you showed concern for him.

"Then what am I supposed to do?" Alex asked you, clearly upset that the pyromaniac wouldn't stop hitting on you. Especially when you didn't want him to.

"I don't know . . ." You admitted, thinking about it as you looked off to the side, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. An idea came to your mind, and it immediately made you cheeks tint a light pink colour. "Um . . . I think I know something that'll work, and not get you burnt up."

"What?" He enquired, almost eager. But then again, it made sense; he was your best friend, and wanted this guy away from you as much as you did.

"We could always . . . we could pretend to date?" Your statement came out as more of a question, your eyes peering up to read his expression. "Or I could do it with someone else," You rushed out.