Snakebit 3

Misty was still asleep but could faintly hear the sound of a gong crashing it was coming closer and closer getting louder and louder until it was right in her ear.

And she should hear Wu shouting, "Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!"

The Ninjas groaned as Wu continued his wake-up call by saying, "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity."

He continued to beat the gong relentlessly, until Kai jumped out of bed and said, "Okay, okay, we're up," and then added, "But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" He yawned and tried to open the blinds which fell to the ground.

Cole stood up and stretched his back which cracked and popped and he said, "Unholiest, you call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress."

Misty groaned and jumped out of her bed and rubbed her eyes, and let out a huge yawn. Her body ached and begged for a few more hours of sleep.

Jay had walked over to the bathroom and had a toothbrush in his hand and said, "We were up so late talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters I guess we lost track of time since the Serpentine burned down the monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our heads- Ack!" and he spat out the toothpaste that had been covered in dust that had come from the faucet.

"What is our lesson today, sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of a--" Zane never finished because the floorboards under him broke and he fell through the hole and coughed as dust flew up.

"I think today's lesson will be chores," Wu answered

"Chores!" All the Ninjas shouted in surprise except for Misty who just shrugged and let out another yawn, as Cole argued, "Ninjas fight, sensei. They do not clean."

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from, and this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters, I expect things to be spotless when I return and put your backs into it," Wu said and smacked the gong one more time before leaving.

Cole then helped lift Zane out of the hole and Kai groaned and said, "Ah, this place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up."

"Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?" Jay said with a wink.

Cole and Misty used Spinjitzu to clear out a dusty room, that was filled with junk, and they spun it all outside in no time.

Zane and Kai used their golden weapons and Spinjitzu to make a room squeaky clean, Jay used his Nunchucks and reanimated the controls and lights of the ship

And together they opened the sail where dust fell down onto the deck and Jay blew the dust away using Spinjitzu, soon they were done and decided to relax by playing some video games. Misty watched as the boys played occasionally trying to sabotage Cole by covering his eyes with her hands and laughing.

Wu and Nya eventually came back, and Kai turned his head and said, "What took you so long?"

"Wow! This place looks amazing. You guys did all this?" Nya sounded surprised and impressed.

"Ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean." Cole answered

"Oh. You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up?" Wu said

"Of course, we can," Misty said smiling

Wu raised an eyebrow looking skeptical and said, "The state your room was back at the monastery told a different story Misty."

Misty let out a sheepish laugh looking clearly embarrassed. Luckily she was saved by the sudden sound of a car's horn honking.

Nya hurried over to the window and peered out of it and said, "Looks like we're about to have some visitors. And loud ones at that."
"Oh, it's my parents. Please if they start yapping, just don't get them going Okay? They don't know when to quit. If you start talking then they'll start talking and suddenly half the day is gone--" Jay said and was finally cut off by Kai who said, "We get it they talk a lot!" he shouted and then muttered under his breath, "The cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom."

"Not far at all." Misty agreed

The Ninja went outside to greet their guest, and Jay walked across the Gangplank and said, "Mom, Dad what are you doing here?"

The woman stood up in the car and said, "Oh, look, it's my baby boy. It's been so long since we've heard from you."

"Ma, I called you two days ago," Jay said

"Well, it's not soon enough son. when are you coming out to the junkyard? You say you're coming and then you don't." The man said

"Dad, do we have to talk about the Junkyard in front of my friends?" Jay complained

"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard." Jay's mother said and then she saw Nya and said, "Oh, and who are you, you are so cute, you're just my son's type."

"Mom!" Jay said through gritted teeth and shot Misty a calm it look when he heard the little girl snickering.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm sure you want Jay can give you the tour. He worked very hard on it." Nya said

Both of the Walkers answered at the same time, "We'd love a tour!"

Jay sighed but all of them walked inside and Eventually made it to the Bridge.

Jay then pointed out a long tube coming from the ceiling, and explained, "This extends into a periscope. This tells us what's going on in Ninjago."

And then he ran over to another machine and said, "And this... If a Serpentine's not giving us the answers we want, and we're up late at night--"he was cut off by his mother who said excitedly. "A neuro apparatus to read their minds?" His father then guessed and said, "An audio appliance to make them talk?"

"No, a cappuccino machine." Jay said smugly

"Ha-ah. Amazing, son we're so proud of you." Jay's after said

"Why don't you tell them about the button?" Cole asked and pointed to a red button on a control plane.

Jay laughed and said, "it's not ready yet." he sounded annoyed with Cole.

"Oh, what's the button?" Jay's mother asked

"He's working on a special defense system," Zane explained

"Something every ninja headquarters needs." Kai added

"Oh really? what is it do? Can I help?" Jay's father asked

"No it's okay, I don't need your help dad, let's just leave it alone." Jay said and he pushed his father's hand away gently and then added "Hey, look at the time. Don't you need to get back before it gets dark? I told you there's dangerous Serpentine out there."

"Uh, I suppose we could get back." Jay's father said, but he sounded sad.

Cole walked over and said, "Edna, it was a pleasure hearing about Jay's first potty time."

Jay glared at Cole, as his mother said, "Oh if you thought that was good, wait until you hear the story about the time I caught him kissing his pillow." Edna said smiling

"Ugh, Snakes Ma, snakes!" Jay said

"Okay, We're going, we're going," Edna said

The Sun was setting and the Ninja saw the walkers out when they were in the car Jay's mother called back to her son, "Do you promise to come to the junkyard and visit? Your mother and father?"

"Yes. I promise but only if you leave. I don't want you to get hurt. It's getting dark. Uh, your headlights are working right?" Jay said

The Headlights came on blinding the ninja they placed their hands in front of their eyes to shield them and Jay's father laughed saying, "Heh. Like them? I used a little extra juice. Yep, bye Son, I couldn't be more proud."

Jay's mother called back and said, "and bring Nya with you, Will yah, I can see why you like her."

"Mom!" Jay shouted sounding annoyed and embarrassed

"Now that they have left, perhaps Jay can teach us the art of kissing pillows," Wu said and snickered

"Ahhhh!" Jay laughed in a sarcastic tone and walked back inside.

While the rest of them laughed.