Tick Tock 7

Misty yawned and sat up in her bed she was still wearing her ninja robes and she walked out of her room, and found, Kai, Jay and Cole standing at the side of the Bounty, she walked up behind them and heard Kai say, "Ten minutes. He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman!" he was holding a stop watch.

Misty looked over the edge and saw Zane resurface, "amazing!" Cole shouted

"We're not worthy." Jay said and started bowing.

"I broke the record?" Zane asked

"You destroyed it!" Kai said

"okay, okay, is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? we've been training for s long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished." Jay said

Each of the Ninja had accomplished new goals, and Zane said, "The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential?" Zane said

Misty scoffed and said, "I think not, you can never stop improving... unless your dead that is."

The Ninja turned to her and Kai said, "What's wrong with you lately?"

Misty didn't answered instead she stomped off and said, "I'm going to go find Wu!"

The ninja followed Misty much to her dislike, and as they neared Wu's door the ninja were taking turns bragging and Zane said, "Well, every morning I do 500 pushups."

"Five hundred ? Ha, try a thousand." Kai said as Misty pushed the door open

Jay laughed and said, "I do a thousand and one."

"What is this amateur hour? Sounds like my warm-up. Sensei what does true potential look like if--" Cole stopped when he realized Misty was bowing to Wu, who looked upset.

"Our apologies, Sensei, we've interrupted you." Zane said

Wu sighed and placed a sword that was wrapped in cloth into a case a and said, "I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing." Wu said and he noticed that after he said that Misty already upset face only worsened and he said, "What can I help you with?"

Cole answered with, "Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our true potential? What if we're ready?"

Wu like Misty scoffed and said, "You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential, in each and everyone of us there are obstacles, that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance, to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer."

Zane jumped in and said, "There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there sensei?"

Wu sighed and said, "I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you... I haven't even ever told Misty this story."

"Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. we were the best of friends."

"Wait a minute. I know you to were brothers but really? The King of Cruelty and Doer of Destruction, Captain of Chaos, and you two were friends?" Jay interrupted

Misty opened her mouth to tell Jay to shut it but Wu did that for her buy saying, "Please no interruptions."

"You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day I lost this very katana knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused, He told me not to putt off what can be done today, and went to get it himself. When my father found him he was very ill for he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes. A great evil had found it's way into my brother's heart. For the snakes venom could turn the purest of things wicked. The snake is the same one the Serpentine want to reawaken today. It is the snake that took my brother away from me." Wu finished

"So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the Dark Lord?" Kai said

Wu sighed and said "It was all my fault." he been down and closed the case that held the katana, and said "you five have finished your training. you must now focus on stopping Pythor, from collecting the four Fangblades, but never lose focus on the obstacles, that lie within each of your hearts, that holds you back from true greatness, unlock your true potential."

"but how are we supposed to do that Sensei?" Zane asked

"It's up to each of you to discover." Wu said and then walked in-between the ninja and added, "Now I must got on personal journey of my own."

"Where are you going?" Jay asked

"to a place you cannot follow." Wu said

"If you're going for Lloyd, the city of Ouroboros is filled with hundreds of Serpentine you'll never do it alone." Cole said

"I am going to find someone who can be of aid. The serpentine have untied and grown stronger, and we will need all the help we can get." Wu said

Misty ran forward and gave Wu a hug and said, "Come back soon please, I'll miss you a lot." he voice was shaky.

Wu patted the little girl on the head, but understood why she was upset, This would be the first time he'd be leaving her alone, and he said, "Don't worry Misty I'll be back be for you know it."