Chapter 4 Somebody's Heartbreak

Chapter 4 Hunter's POV
I put my arm around Lauren, "best friends for life?" I said holding up my fist," oh yes." She responded laughing as we bumped out fists together. "There's this biggest running competition that my running coach wants me to do." " you have to do it-" " it's the biggest race in the country and I'm not ready." " yes you are." I sat up and looked dead into her eyes," you have do it. This is your chance to get an actual scholarship to a university, something big. You just cannot miss out on an opportunity like this." She looked down playing with her hands," I'll help you." She looked up at me in disbelief, "you?" I nodded. She laughed got serious then laughed again, "Hunter, you're not a runner." I shrugged," I can do it." Lauren raised her brow," are you sure?" "Music isn't the only thing I can do." I responded laughing. "You're crazy-" "sometimes, people just need to do something crazy." I said winking at her. She smiled as we have each other a side hug. Jessica swung open the door," ready to go?" She looked at Lauren and gave her a dirty look," why not!" Lauren responded standing up quickly. I followed her quickly as we all walked out the studio. Did I really just commit to running? I do enough jumping at my concerts, that's enough cardio. And now I'm going to be a runner? I really hope I can pull this off. Lauren got into the car, as I was making my way around to the driver seat, Jessica stepped in my way," so Hunter." "Yes?" She was messing around with her hands," umm..." I raised my brow," do you think we can be official?" I took a step back, "we've seen each other for about 2 months." " and you're not ready?" I scratched the back of my head," umm, I actually am, but I don't think you are the on-" " will you go out with me?" My eyes were widened. Is a girl suppose to ask a guy out? I thought it was literally the other way around. I mean, Jessica's cute, but I don't like the way she acts, the way she acts when Lauren's around. I folded my arms, " you know Lauren gonna be hanging with us a lot then." I can her face fell when I said that. Please say, never mind, "that's ok." she responded. My heart sank, I don't want to say no because, just never mind. You won't understand. My hands covered my face, I dropped them," yes?" I questioned. A smile grew on her face as she jumped into a hug. She was hugging me, I was hugging her. It wasn't a real hug though, it was a "what did I get myself into hug" I fell like crap. What did I do that?