Chapter 12 Somebody's Heartbreak

Chapter 12 Lauren's POV
I was looking at myself in the mirror, am I ready for this? My hair is in braid to the side, wearing a strapless blue short dress. I don't do heels so in wearing sparkly converses. I don't have much make up but I guess glitter on the eyes and sparkly lip gloss is ok. I heard a knock on the door as I took a deep breathe, grabbed my phone and wallet and opened it. My eyes widened as Hunter wasn't wearing a tuxedo. He was wearing what they where under it, the vest. Nice and black, the tie was blue like the color of my dress, nice pants and black converses. His sleeves were pushed up. "I didn't know you were going to wear blue." He laughed," I didn't know you weren't going to wear a tuxedo, but your not." "I don't really like those things." I laughed as I closed the door behind me.

We were seated at the what looks like the most expensive restaurant in the world. We looked at each other in silence. I was kinda uncomfortable. I broke the silence" so Hunter, does Jessica know you're out to eat with some other girl you love?" " I don't love Jessica. And no she doesn't." " why haven't you left her?" I questioned," because I know what she's going to do when I leave her." I laughed," you're funny." "Aren't I ?" He said with a serious face as I looked dead into his eyes. We finished dinner as we started driving back to my place. We didn't really talk, what is there to talk about? We walked up to my steps as I looked at him and he looked at me," you looked really nice today." Hunter said. I smiled as I looked at the sky," look I want to show you something." I grabbed his hand and walked to the little patch of grass and laid down as Hunter followed. I pointed," see those group of stars?" He nodded," see that big bright one?" "Yea." " that my friend is Jupiter." He turned his head to where I noticed he was looking at me," is that so." I nodded and turned my head to where our eyes connected. We were silent for a minute," I loved you since the minute I met you." Hunter said as his hand slowly found mine. I closed my eyes. This is wrong, he's my best friend, I screwed this up," Hunter-" "don't say anything." I just looked at him. His hand slowly touched the side of my face as I let out a sigh. The way his skin feels against me... Makes me want more. He leaned in and kissed me. Maybe we should take the next step, maybe we should be more than friends, maybe we work something out...