Chapter 29 Somebody's Heartbreak

Chapter 29 Lauren's POV
" I can protect myself." Hunter said picking up his guitar pieces all over the floor. That dumb girl tries to think she can talk to him like that? Think again. I was shivering cold standing against Hunter's car. " listen, it looked like you did it. You probably thought you did it because of how mad you were and oh my gosh it's freezing out here." Hunter stood up, took his jacket off and put it on me, kneeled back down and continued to pick his guitar pieces up. I just looked at him," you didn't have to do that." " I don't want you to be cold." Hunter responded with some sort of attitude that I did not agree with. I walked over to him, kneeled down next to him. "I didn't do anything." " no you didn't-" " I would appreciate if you could look at me-" Hunter slammed a guitar piece to the ground making me jump and looked at me," what Lauren." "Hunter Hayes..." I put my hands on his face," she doesn't just bother you. I'm sorry she did what she did too you-" Hunter took my hands off his face and stood up," you did it." I stood up. I looked at him, took a step back," me?" " did I stutter?" "I think you did." " You fought her, you almost killed her and ME, I had to take the blame." "You didn't have to take the blame, you could have simply just put the blame on me-" " how about, maybe if you wouldn't have done anything-" "HOW ABOUT YOU DO SOMETHING DAMMIT." Hunter looked at me. I looked down trying not cry, then looked at him," you didn't say anything to Jessica about her cheating on you. You just let it be. I have stood up for you for many years, backing you up for all the shit people say about you and this is what I get? What have you done for me other than just being there for when I did my running event? Yea maybe I shouldn't have fought her, but who was? Someone was going to have to say something or something, and it wasn't you." I took anther step back," this is what I get for trying?" Turned away and starting walking home.