Chapter 35 Somebody's Heartbreak

Chapter 35 Lauren's POV
"Lauren." I turned around and saw Hunter running towards me. I was sitting at the edge of the apartment pool with my feet in the water. "What happened?" He asked out of breathe. I honestly don't even want to talk about it. I have no emotion what's so ever. He sat down next to me, "what happened?" He asked again. I scratched the back of my head as I look at him again, "He tried kissing me." Hunter nodded like he knew that's what happened. He got up as I quickly followed him," don't worry about it." "NO." I took a step back to the sound of his voice frightened me. I've never heard him make that tone before. It really scared me. He looked at me like he did sometime wrong," I'm just upset. I didn't mean that." He took a step towards me as I took another step back. He paused, "You're scaring me." I said. I've never seen him that mad, he's the sweetest guy you'll ever meet and for him to "speak" like that is shocking. "I'm sorry." He looked down as he really met what he said. I slowly walked towards him," what happened back there had nothing to do with you-" "here's the thing Lauren, you've gotten hurt before, seriously hurt, by someone I have no idea who did it. What makes you think I want you hurt again?" "I appreciate you trying to protect me, but I can do it myself. Not all the battles, but most of them. And hey..." He lifted his head up, "I am truly grateful for you caring." "Me and Hunter looked at each other because both of us heard footsteps coming towards us. We turned around and Jayden was walking towards us, "Lauren, baby I'm sorry. I didn't know he was going to do that." "Don't worry. I'm upset because I know you loved him and that happened." He shrugged as he understood. He gave me a hug, "he won't be bothering you guys anymore." We pulled away, "Jayden I'm sorry the night wasn't like how we expected it to be." Hunter said as Jayden made his way towards him, "crap happens." He gave him a hug. "At least I know where you guys live. So I can come over now and hang out, like the good old days." Me and Hunter smiled, "I'll see you guys." Jayden waved as we watched him leave. "Man, I forgot how sweet he was." I said to myself. Before I knew it, I was taken by surprise when Hunter picked me up like a princess," Hunter Hayes, put me down." "Ok. After." "After what-" I was interrupted by when Hunter took off running and held on to me when we fell into the pool...